America Runs on Dunkin

The world was a blur of wind and starlight as Jimin was carried out of the night club. His limbs felt like boulders, just as responsive to his pleas of movement as rock. The pressure of hands hooked underneath Jimin's knees and his back felt foreign and strange. If he had the energy to scrunch up his nose, Jimin would have done it then; the nauseating scent that'd been following him for weeks, peeking up at random corners of the world, brushing against his nose, wasn't the smell of vinegar, but of a sharp cologne.

"It's okay, Jimin." The male voice echoed. The words were almost purred, a growl from the male's throat caused a cold shiver to run down Jimin's spine. He felt dizzy, unsure when his body had gone from seizing to limp.

"You're safe now." The voice purred once more and the sound of ambulance sirens howled. It sounded familiar, the comment private in Jimin's ear. In the background, Jimin thought he could hear arguing behind him, the voice of honey clashing with the low rumble of Kim Taehyung's. But before Jimin could question it, his eyes shut and the world closed in around him.

* * *

When Jimin woke up next, it took him a moment to recognize that the soft covers he was currently bundled up in were his own. It took him another moment to notice someone had changed his clothes. He'd lost the tight and form fitting clubbing outfit for a sweatshirt and pajama shorts. If Jimin had the strength for humor, he would have laughed that they chose the black smexy sweatshirt, but he was worried he'd vomit if he moved.

"Is it selfish that I'm glad the doctors didn't make him stay the night? They kept him in the hospital all day." Jimin heard Seokjin's hushed voice through the door, he glanced out the window only to find that the sky was still waking up and wondered if his friends had all stayed the night at their apartment. Jimin scrunched up his nose and wondered which morning sky he was looking at, not sure how long he slept. When he ached his muscles to stretch, it felt like maybe years.

"It's a good sign, Jin. They said Jimin wouldn't suffer any long term damage from the seizure." Jimin heard Taehyung reply and could see the shadows of their feet behind the closed door. "What I can't believe is that they called him lucky. Lucky? As if Jimin was lucky he surivived what that - what he tried to do."

"Taehyung, we don't know it was Jungkook. There were a lot of people at the club last night."

"I saw him, Seokjin. When Namjoon poured Jungkook and Jimin those shots, Jungkook kept fumbling with something in his pocket, setting the shot down on the same level as it."

"It's going to break his heart, Tae, to tell him."

The boys went silent for a moment and Jimin could have sworn he felt their eyes on the door.

"I was too easy on Jungkook the last time he hurt Jimin." Kim Namjoon's voice flooded in as his steps approached, the sound so strong it shook Jimin to the core.

Jimin fell back asleep before he could hear either boy's reply.

* * *

"Jimin, Jimin!" Jung Hoseok exclaimed as Jimin stirred awake to a bright sun flooding his room with warm color. He squinted, his body heavy as he lifted himself up from his forearms to a seated position causing the black smexy hoodie to shift lopsided.

He wouldn't admit this to anyone, but he was grateful for the stupid hoodie. He'd woken several times, sometimes to hushed voices at the door, sometimes to silence, but it was always the smell of forest and citrus that managed to tug him awake. It wrapped around his body like sunlight, taking over Jimin's senses until his world was made of warmth.

"H-hey-" Jimin said, rubbing his eyes. Taehyung instantly launched himself on top of him, hugging his friend tightly before cupping his face in his hands and patting his cheeks once with a box smile to see if he was really up.