Strangers In The Night

"Jimin," Jungkook said, the strength slowly returning to his voice. When Jimin finished wrapping the guaze around Jungkook's waist he had helped Jungkook up from the floor and brought him to the bed in his room. Despite lacking the energy to care about the mess, Jimin tossed a worried glance at the shoe box, visible underneath his bed, where he stored Jungkook's letters. It was strange Jungkook never mentioned them.

"I should go, I've already caused you so much trouble." Jungkook complained, though in his current state, Jimin would be surprised if Jungkook could make it two steps out the door before fainting again.

"Kook, maybe we should call 911. Get a doctor to check your injuries out."

"No -"

"Or I can text Tae to call Yoongi-"

"Jimin no -"

Jimin swallowed, trying to keep his eyes from Jungkook's bare chest. "Then stay here and rest or I'm going to call 911 the moment you step out of the door. If it's Taehyung you're worried about, Tae texted me that he's crashing at Hoseok's tonight. They went clubbing with Namjoon earlier and Hoseok doesn't trust that Taehyung can make it back without his drunk ass becoming the leader of a raccoon cult. You laugh, but it's happened before. People were calling him Master Claws on the streets for weeks."

"You're rambling." Jungkook pointed out fondly, a playful smile dancing on his lips. His hand rested over his wound, no longer wincing as much as he had before, but Jimin could tell laughing still strained it. Jimin's face fell but he hung back by his door, his hand awkwardly rubbing his forearm up and down before his cheeks turned red, remembering how Jungkook's own had traced the same pattern back at the bonfire.

"I'll sleep in Tae's bed, so you don't have to worry about anything ... fishy."

"Fishy? What? Were you going to blow bubbles at me while I sleep?"

"I see your sarcasm's back." Jimin noted, but a grin started to form on his own lips. The look fell when he looked at Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook caught his stare and Jimin blushed. "Did you see who...um... attacked you? Did someone attack you?"

Jungkook drew his knees up and rested his elbows on them, frowning in thought. "No, I couldn't get a good view of their face, it was too dark out. And yes, I was ... taken off guard. Attacked makes me sound like I have tiny Jimin fists."

Jimin let that once slide; painfully. "Where did it happen?"

"The park," Jungkook said and an actual blush formed on his cheeks. "I was um- I mean I guess the best way to put it was moping. I couldn't get you off my mind, I can never get you off my mind Jimin." Jungkook said, the gold in his eyes blazed like a million bright stars as he looked at him. Then, after the air turned thick and the only sound in the room were Jimin's drapes fluttering against the open window, Jungkook cleared his throat and looked away.

"I was laying down in the spot we had our date when suddenly a guy jumped me. I barely had time to react before he landed a punch. Obviously, because I'm me, I fought back amazingly well." Jungkook said, a grin on his lips. For some reason, Jimin believed him. "But God, he just wouldn't stop. What's even weirder is he never searched for a wallet. It was like he was aiming for me."

"You're very punchable." Jimin agreed.

"Haha, very funny. You try landing one with those-"