Chapter 26

Enjoy, vote,comments

Jimin's pov

I groan frustrated i couldn't sleep.
I turn and turn around my bed until i give up.

It was 3am, i try to sleep since 3 hours now. I take my phone and stare at it.

did she going to pick up

I sigh and called her anyway i need her, i need to hear her voice even if she brushed me off.

It's ringing so i wait the rings stop i sigh, and call her again it's ring at the 3rd ring she pick-up.

"What ?"

She said in a sleepy raspy voice

"Maze, its me Jimin"

I said scared that she will want to hung up now. There was silence.

"Why the fuck did you call me at this time?"

She said irritated. I sit on my bed.

"Look i know it's late but i couldn't sleep an-"

"Did you seriously call me to tell me that ? Bye"

"Wait please Maze i know you are mad at me but"

I take a deep breath, my heart was beating fast. I don't know what to say.

"Jimin are you okay ?"

She ask slowly.

"Maze "

I call her name softly.

"I need you Maze"

I said. I heard her sigh.

"Jimin i can't go back to sleep"

"No please don't leave me, don't.
I don't know what to say to you to forgive me, i don't have answers to your questions but i know one thing Maze. I know that i want you with me right now that i need you please i know i sound selfish... i don't want to be alone"

I said helpless. She didn't talk, i hear nothing on the phone.

did she hung up ?

I look at the screen and she was still there.

"Alright, where do you want to see me?"

I feel relieved.

"What about a walk "

I suggest.

"You want to walk at 3 in the morning in the street of NYC ? Do you plan to kill me or something ?"

I chuckled.

"No, i know somewhere we can go, if you still want to come"

"Okay"

She said and hung up i text her where to found me and i leave the house.

[....]

Maze's pov

We were walking in silence, no sound can be heard expect the sound of the night.

It was freezing, i walk head down Jimin was walking in front of me i was behind him. I don't know what happen to him to call me in the middle of the night claiming that he wants to see me, at first i didn't wanting to hear whatever he wanted to tell me but he sounded so desperate so sad.

After what happened i promise myself to never talk to him again but it seems like it change.

I was cold and tired to walk in pure silence so i stop.

He heard my footstep stop and turn to look at me, i stare at him the moon illuminates his face.

"What's wrong ?"

He ask me. His voice sound broken, he sound broken like he lose all hopes. I look down.

"Why did you call me?"

I ask in a little voice.

"What do you mean ?"

He walk toward me crushing the distance between us.

"It's you who called me, i came and when im here you don't talk, you say nothing"

I feel really lost with Jimin when i thought that he was fine and we move forward he takes step back.

He don't know that i risk my job by letting him come the other day and for what ? Getting be yelled for nothing.

"You know i question myself a lot this days why i try so much for you ? Why do i let myself suffer because of man who can't deal with his problems ? Why are you so important to me ?"

I whisper the last part, questioning myself.

"Today it's her birthday"

He said after a moment of silence and i look at him what is he talking about ?

His gaze the sky.

"It's the birthday of Chung-ae"

"Chung-ae ?"

I ask. I don't know what he talk about.

"The mother of Christian, she would have 27 years old. I'll probably still be in Seoul with her and our son celebrating her birthday and laughing with them. I miss her, i hate the fact that i'll never get to see her again, just one more night. I'll never see her smile again, i'll never get to see her craving for my food and telling me how much she loves it. Or watching with her for the hundred times pretty woman on Christmas and see her cry at the end even if she know all the lines, or talk about her stupid band that i never care about. But i would do anything to hear her again complaining because i don't pay attention at what she said and laugh at her because she looked cute when she was mad"

He said staring at the sky, his gaze was away he was not with me right now. I listen everything he said and i can't help but feel emotional by his words.

"I miss her the minute her brother tell me that she was dead, i miss her when i reach the hospital and see her dead body.... she was cold i didn't reconize her. It wasn't my wife, she was always full of life just like Christian. I miss her at the funeral when her mother breakdown in tears, i miss her when i had to tell my 4 years old son that he will never see his mother again. I miss her when i fought with my family because i didn't want to live there again, it was when the realization hit me that she won't be there anymore for the rest of my life. I needed to leave i need it"

He was still looking away from me.
I gently cupped my hands around his cheeks and made him face me, his eyes looked so dull and tired.
My heart ached at his expression, he seemed so lost, so hopless and their was nothing i could do about it. I want to know what's going on inside his head, it's hurt me see him like this. I want him to know that im here, that i would do anything to take the pain away to see him smile.

"You are not alone Jimin. Im here, im here for you"

I said softly.

"You know what's the more crazy about it. It's that the day of her birthday the only person i can't stop thinking about... it's you"

My heart fluttered as i stared at his face. I forget about everything that happen between us, i was lost of words.

"I act like a complete idiot with you Maze. I can't give you what you wants, i can't let someone take her place. We live once, fall in love once and get married once"

"Im not asking you to forget about her. I just want you to not suffer anymore because of the pain you feel, i know it's still earlier to talk about feelings and all.
But let me help you... let me be your medicine Jimin"

His expression clearly show that he was surprise. He stare deep in my eyes as if i wasn't real. He put his arms around me pulling closer to him the simple gesture make my heart skip a beat. My gaze go to his lips they were slightly appart, like he was waiting for me to do the first step.
I tip toes and kiss him softly on his cheeks.

I looked back at him and he smiled a smile that makes me warm inside it was crazy how this man was slowly sewing my heart to his.