The wheels were slowly turning, unbeknownst to them all, and even if it wished to stop, it couldn't. Time was merciless and so was the unavoidable clash of fate that awaited the young girl. The heavens and stars above were already writing its history and it was only a matter of time before all the groundwork would be laid.

That's why for now, they wished for her to enjoy her time as much as possible for it was only a matter of time before the gears would churn in full motion, unable to be slowed or stopped no longer.

A week later~

"There, finished," Kaede smiled.

Lucy looked at herself in the mirror and smiled as she turned to him. "I can always trust Kaede's skills."

"After living for so long, you pick up random skills along the way," he boasted proudly. "But nevermind that, shall we get going?"

"Yes," Lucy stood up.

Her long, blonde hair was in an updo with her side bangs pulled to the back, forming a large loop with two small loops on each side which was held together by a golden headpiece with a red flower nestled in the middle. Golden jewels dangled from each side and the rest of her hair flowed behind her in silky strands as she wore the color of the Kou Empire. She wore a pale red and white top with her sleeves bearing gold and red chrysanthemum patterns. From the chest down, she wore a black dress with a red sash and a gold ribbon binding it together at the chest before flowing down. Multiple layers of fine silk formed her dress with the outer black dress having a gold hem and a pattern of the moon surrounded by transparent clouds and white birds. Her dress shimmered like the night sky and from a distance, one could easily tell that it was the pure silk that the Heartfilia Conglomerate acquired. With a black hagoromo patterned with white and gold flowers, she held a red circular fan in her hands by its golden handle, a long, golden tassel hanging from it bearing the insignia of the Heartfilia Household.

Her long lashes revealed her large brown eyes and her snow-white skin accented well with the pale red eyeshadow as she wore a faint red lipstick. Standing there, she was the epitome of beauty for though she was yet an adult, one couldn't help but wander their eyes to her. Even Kuugen stared in awe at how different she was compared to her usual child look.

Kaede stared at her before pulling his lips into an affectionate smile. "You look beautiful."

Lucy chuckled. "It's all thanks to Kaede."

He laughed and noticing something missing, he reached for the thin brush. "Stay still for a moment."

Careful not to mess it up, he dipped the tip of the brush in red and painted a small, elegant flower at her forehead. Stepping back, Kaede crossed his arms and grinned.

"Now that's better."

Lucy looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. "It'd be nice if Kaede could accompany me to the coronation ceremony."

"Should I?"

"Eh?" Lucy widened her eyes.

Wearing a smirk on his face, he stood there with crossed arms and stared at her, his violet-blue eyes shining clearly as the rukh fluttered about him. Lucy stood there and seeing that he meant it, her cheeks flushed a rosy hue and her eyes glowed with joy. Taking him by the hand, she looked up at him.

"Really?!"

He nodded his head. "It's about time I introduced myself. After all, it's rather inconvenient to constantly be asked who I am whenever I'm accompanying you."

Lucy's eyes lit up and Kaede widened his eyes as she jumped up and wrapped her arms tightly around him, her face brimming with nothing but happiness. Kaede widened his eyes as Lucy jumped into his arms, his cheeks a faint blush as he pulled his lips into a fond, tender smile. Wrapping his arms around her, he laughed with a childlike demeanor.