[ blue roses ]

The silence was loud

The silence was loud. The tension was loud.

His back was against the back of the chair with his hands out in front of him messing with the pen in his hand.

He slid the pen across the table causing it to land directly in front of you slightly touching your arm making you lift your head up.

You looked at him into his blood shot eyes. He looked broken.

He is broken.

He then slid the papers towards you and the tears began to swell up again in your eyes.

You looked down at the papers and the empty line that was waiting to be marked with your signature and then back up at him who this time wasn't looking at you but at his fingers. You could see the tear drop fall down his cheek from where you was sitting.

The feeling of just wanting to go over to him and wipe that tear and hug him telling him it's gonna be okay came but you didn't get up.

Looking down at the papers, you shook your head and let out a breath placing the pen that you picked up down as well.

"I can't do it." Your voice cracked. He lifted his head up to look at you even though he can't stand to look at you right now without getting angry. He raised his eyebrow and sat up in his seat.

"What do you mean you can't? Do it." He told you his voice shaking.

"No. Why can't we just talk about this, baby? Chris, please." You fully crying right now begging him.

"Did you call him baby too? Did you call him that shit too? I wouldn't be surprised if you did."

"Listen, all I'm asking is for you to sign these papers and we'll never have to see each other again." You shook your head and slid the papers and pen back over to him.

"No, I'm not signing it and for what? Why do I have to sign it?" You started getting angry thinking of ways to make him the bad guy when really he wasn't.

It was you.

"The fuck do you mean for what? For what? Really? You gave that nigga everything that was mine. You let him do stuff to you that only I was supposed to do. You let him in and you let him see all of you. You let him eat off of my plate. And you wanna know for what?" He shouted at you angrily.

The last thing he wanted to do was be in your presence. He wanted you to sign these divorce papers so he could go and pick his daughter up and go back home.

His home. The one he brought for the two of you after you said "I do." two years ago. A place where you brought home your babygirl that you had together a year ago.

A place where you never came back to until the early morning after spending your night with someone else.

Chris let out a breath and got up from the dining table and towards the kitchen taking a sip out of the henny bottle. You followed behind him and stood opposite of him at the counter.

"I changed for you. I did everything for you. I gave you my life. Literally all I have and everything I earned was for you." He took another sip from the bottle and placed it down.

You didn't respond. Your eyes stuck on the blue roses that was in the clear vase on the island.

They weren't blue when he got them for you last Friday as of what you can remember. No, they were red.

Chris went out at 6 am last Friday and brought you some roses because of the way you were acting. He thought he did something wrong when really you were just going behind his back and felt bad about it so you kept your distance from him.

"What about our daughter, Chris? I'm not signing those papers while we still is raising our daughter."

"Now you care about her? You didn't care about her when you left us almost every other day telling those bitchass excuses meanwhile you was leaving her with me for hours treating her father like shit. Tell me something, did he make you feel like I did?" He was started to get more angry all over again and you started crying again.

"Chris, please don't."

"Nah, I want to know. Did he make you feel good? Did he make you cum like I did? Did he hit your spot like I can over and over? Does he tell you he loves everyday? Does he make love to you like I do?" He was in your face and was close to you and your hands was placed on his chest as you cried.

Chris had tears falling down his face as he asked you those questions.

"I don't know." You said quietly.

"You don't know? Obviously it's something if I wasn't enough for you. If my love was never enough for you. If you had to go somewhere else and get whatever it was I couldn't give you? Was I not enough?" He broke down when he asked that question and you wrapped your arms around him telling him you were sorry over and over again.

He wanted to wrap his arms around and tell you he forgives you but he couldn't. It doesn't work like that.

He pushed you off him softly and walked over to the dining table and grabbed the papers and pen.

"Please, just sign it. Sign it and we can let this go. We can go to court and get shared custody on our babygirl. I'll buy you a house and all the furniture for it. I don't want to go through with this divorce, I don't. But I can't have this ring on my finger knowing the vows to it didn't mean shit to the person that told me them. Just please sign it."

You wiped your tears and grabbed the pen. You hesitated before signing the line and after you did you placed the pen down on the counter.

You turned to Chris who let out a breath and grabbed his keys off the table.

"I don't want to say this is the end cause we don't know. But I know I love you too damn much. I hate that we got to go through this." He said.

"Where do I go? I don't have no where to go my stuff is still here." You sniffled.

"You can stay here in the guest room until you find the perfect house. I'm not gonna put you out on the streets like that. You know that's not me."

"Um, I'm gonna go pick her up." He told you walking to the door.

"Chris," He turned around looking at you, "I love you." You said your eyes watering up.

He nodded and walked away leaving you in the house with his ring on the kitchen counter.

I always see imagines on the guy cheating so I decided to switch it up a bit 🌚