[ did you ]

did you let somebody hold on...?

She walked away from the painting and onto the next one taking in the meaning of it and the way it presented itself

She walked away from the painting and onto the next one taking in the meaning of it and the way it presented itself. Her hands held her clutch in hand as her dress flowed lightly hitting her feet with every step moving from painting to painting.

The room was filled with a bunch of people who were dressed up nicely in couture pieces and suits ready to donate as much money as they can at this year's auction that was being donated to the new children's hospital that was being built.

Chatter, light jazz and glass clinking together here and there was the noise that can be heard as everyone mingled. She used to like coming to these with him when they were together but stopped right after broke up awhile back knowing he'd always be at one of these.

He was either donating his own money or the one giving the art to be bought. There was never no in between. He just liked people to see his work and for it to get appreciated while at the same time helping out for a good cause.

And this was the first time she'd be back at one of these.

When they ended, it was on confusing terms. Never fully gotten closure. She left without an explanation leaving him stuck and alone in his apartment one night in Los Angeles when he came home from work and seen her clothes gone and everything else that belonged to her that was at his. He never cheated, he felt that if he really loved someone and wanted to give them the world there was no point in looking for it anywhere else.

So having a feeling he'd be here, she gathered all her confidence together just to come out tonight. The lights of LA illuminated through the windows of the place that was rented to hold the hundred of art pieces in it. She grabbed a champagne glass off a tray a waiter who happened to walk by her was carrying and took a sip walking near her next painting.

She stared at it, having a sense of familiarity to it as she took it in. She couldn't pin point what it was off the jump but once she stared at it some more, a small smile formed on her face. She knew this painting and what it was from because she was there with him on that balcony in Mexico as he sat with the canvas and brush in hand just move along with the blue paint.

 She knew this painting and what it was from because she was there with him on that balcony in Mexico as he sat with the canvas and brush in hand just move along with the blue paint