[ till death do us part ]

"Alright, you're doing so good, sweetie

"Alright, you're doing so good, sweetie. Just push for us one more time!" The midwife encouraged as she watched the baby make a slow entrance into the world getting ahold of it's shoulders.

"You got this, baby." Chris smiled placing a kiss on her head as she cried by his side at the pain that was aching through her body right now.

"Chris, I can't. This hurts so much." She leaned back on the hospital bed and he took her hand in his placing his lips on it. Her other free hand went to her chest and she closed her eyes.

"I know, love. But you gotta do this. She almost here."

"You're almost done, y/n. Give me one good push." It took everything in her to gain the strength to sit up again and push as hard as ever. And when she did the sound of little cries filled the room as the nurse rushed to grab a blanket and towel for the newborn life that just entered the world.

Chris's eyes filled tears as his second child was finally in his presence healthy and beautiful as ever. He watched as they placed her on her mother's chest as the baby finally settled down and the cries became quiet. He leaned over to place a kiss on both of their heads admiringly and wondered how he got lucky like this.

"She looks just like you." She smiled looking up at Chris and he smiled back putting his attention back on his new creation.

"She got your big ass ears," Chris sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes playfully. The moment was beautiful and the nurses around watched enjoying the moment and realizing how they loved their jobs and what they do to be able to help bring a life into the world like this.

A nurse grabbed the baby and brought her over to the washing station getting her cleaned up as the other ones as well as the midwife was prepping to finish the rest of what had to be done in the room.

"I love you. Thank you for this,"

"For what?"

"For blessing me like this with her. Now we got our little family." She smiled staring up at him and he kissed her.

"Shit, I should be the one saying thank you. You gave me another baby and became my wife. I ain't never been this happy in my life, man." He smiled at her and she grabbed his hand intertwining hers with his. Her eyes closed and she felt her body began to relax.

"I'm tired, Chris."

"I know. You'll be able to sleep in a bit but you gotta wake up baby. They not done yet." She let out a sigh and gave a soft smile and her grip on his hand became loose which made him slowly become concerned.

"I'm so tired," Was the last thing that came out of her mouth before the heart monitor started to beep rapidly. Chris's eyes looked up at it watching the numbers changed quickly by the second and the beeps increased as each one passed.

"W-What's going on?" He asked frantically. He begin to panic as the nurses around started rushing in figuring out everything went wrong so quickly.

"Mr. Brown, we're gonna need you to step outside." A nurse said sternly pushing towards the exit of the room and to the hallway.

"Nah, man. That's my wife. What's going on with her?"

"Mr. Brown, seriously. We're gonna do everything we can, now please, step outside." He could barely get a word out as he practically forced outside the hallway. A new crew of nurses rushed in with a crash cart and a doctor who belonged in the cardiac department of the hospital rushed in following close behind.

His world felt like it stopped. The sound of yelling and orders being demanded on the other side of the door could be heard as they were working their best to get his wife to start breathing again. He didn't even notice his mom come up to him in shock and worry asking him what was wrong along with her parents.

He could hear his name being called from around him but it was fant like he was leaving his body and unable to focus on everything else. He was the one that felt like air couldn't make it's way into his lungs.

All he was hoping on was the doctor to walk out that room and tell him that everything was going to be okay and that he could see his wife again.

"Clear!" Could be heard shouting from outside the door as everyone stood around waiting for the next result.

Another "Clear" could be heard and soom after that the other side of the door became quiet as everyone stood their in anticipation waiting to find out if everything was gonna be okay.

A doctor exited the room and closed the door behind him letting out a breath as his eyes landed on the family who were on edge at the change of events.

"What happened? Is she alright? Please tell me my wife gone alright," Chris pleaded walking up to him and the doctor gave him a sad expression.

"She ended up having blood fill up in her lungs. I'm guessing giving birth it was too much pressure. So we immediately knew it was a hemothorax,"

"What is that?" His mom asked and the doctor began to explain.

"It's when blood collects between your chest wall and your lungs. It's drained by a chest tube making it easier for air to hit the lungs but in y/n's case...she had to much close in around her lungs making it impossible for us to enter the tube at all which reverted to us having to use a defibrillator."

"Okay, your beating around the bush just let us know is she okay. Is my daughter, okay?" Her dad asked and the doctor sighed basically giving the answer they needed and his mom hysterically broke down crying.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Was the only thing ringing through his mind as the people close to them broke down in tears around him meanwhile he stood there frozen not being able to comprehend what just got told to him.

A single tear rolled down his face and he didn't have the strength to wipe it away. A hand got placed on his shoulder and he turned his head making eye contact with his best friend.

At the same time a nurse walked near him with a sorrow look on her face as she handed him his newborn baby which he had no choice but to welcome in his arms.

"I don't think I'mma be able to do this by myself."
_________________________________________

As requested by Jamslostbyjimin1on1