[ picnics ]

The sound of the ocean was enough to make you fall asleep right there. Chris's tattooed hand tapped your shoulder causing you to open your eyes and look at him.

He smiled at you and extended his arm out to you giving you a chocolate covered strawberry. The last one actually.

"It's the last one. You want it?" You smiled sitting up and took the strawberry taking a bite out of it.

Zeus, Chris's dog, climbed into Chris's lap. You watched the two of them play around.

It was about 2 PM right now and Chris called you earlier to go to the beach with him. Not to go swimming or anything but just to chill with him.  Have a little picnic with him which you at first thought was a date.

It was kind of like his to go chill spot with you. He only ever comes here when he can't sleep and he'll wake you up at about 3 am and call you telling you, not asking you, that he's coming to get you and you always know why without questioning.

Sometimes he comes here alone or once again with just you during the day when he's feeling down and just need somewhere where he can just breathe and let his problems go away.

You're actually the only person he's brought here. He thinks it's because you help him relax and shit. Keep him calm.

Which is true.

You just don't know it since he's never directly told you.

He usually just asks you, "Hey, you down for the beach?" and you agree spending about an hour or two there just chilling thinking that the purpose is just to chill when really he's fighting demons in his mind and his anxiety and depression has been getting the best of him and he needs you there cause it's something about your presence...

But this week was odd.

See, the two of you go to the beach and to this spot and you sit by this rock in front of the ocean and usually you'd come about every two weeks but this week was almost everyday.

Well, he's been here almost everyday. He just brought you 2 days out of the 7 days.

Chris and you shared a serious relationship. No not like that. You've been best friends since god only knows when and never stopped.

When Chris became famous and got money and brought his mom a house he brought yours one as well. Then once you moved out he paid for.your college tuition and then your apartment that you currently live in.

You definitely got on him about the amount of money he spends on you but everything always went through one ear and out the other since he knew all he was gonna do was pay for more of your things.

He looks at it as this way of thanking you.

Thanking you for still being there for him through everything from his past and never giving up on him.

That's when the coming to the beach thing happened.

You started it thinking it was gonna be a one time thing but he ended up falling in love with the idea of sitting in front of the ocean and clearing his mind.