[ lil secret ]

"Mommy!" Your daughter ran to you letting go of her teacher's hand before reaching the car wrapping her arms around your legs

"Did you have a good day at school?"

"I had a great day at school. We colored, and I got to draw and everyone in the class was liking how good it was and the teacher even hung it up on the best art wall." She spoke excitedly making you laugh.

She had took on the trait of being able to draw and be interested in dancing from Chris. She had a lot of his traits especially in the face. She was his exact twin, it was insane.

Luckily, you never posted her on social media or told anyone close to the two of you about her besides your family and his mom. Joyce was good at keeping the secret that she had a grandchild from her own son who was the father.

She was there when you took the pregnancy test and even beside you in the delivery room. She's been by your side since the beginning for the past four years and understood why you made the decision you did.

You and Chris broke up about two months before you realized you were pregnant. Cheating of course.

The two of you had been together for a good four years and everyone thought you would've gotten married but he wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too. Chris had slept around with two girls behind your back on a drunk night and kept it secret for months until his friend was the one to snitch to you.

Of course, it ended with his clothes burnt and the windows out his cars busted and him begging for forgiveness.

"Are we still getting lunch with Meme?" Sienna, your daughter, asked you as you strapped her in her car seat.

"Yup, we're on our way now. She's so excited to see you." You told her even though they were just together two days ago.

His mom has her every weekend and every time Chris wants to see his mom, she makes up a lie about having plans and not being able to which led him to think she had a secret boyfriend behind his back.

"Oh, can you turn the radio up, please. I like this song," You reached for the volume button and turned it up immediately wishing you could've changed the station before. Party was playing and she was back there singing along to the words. She loved that song along with Loyal and New Flame. You never played Chris's music around her before so you didn't know where she could've possibly heard it.

But you knew if you turned the radio down or changed the station, she would've caused a fit.

Luckily, you arrived right at the cafe you were gonna meet Joyce at and turned the car off.

"Come on. Meme's probably waiting for us."

"Yeah, plus I'm getting hungry." You chuckled and grabbed her hand and headed into the cafe looking around for Joyce and spotted her at a booth in the corner. A smile hit your face but quickly dropped when you noticed an extra person sitting in the opposite booth. You knew his body shape and exactly what he looked like from the back a mile away. It was obvious.

As much as you wanted to run out, it was too late until Joyce spotted you with a smile and stood up walking over to you and Sienna.

"So, happy you guys made it." You hummed and looked over at Chris who was looking at Sienna.

"And how are you? I missed you," Joyce hugged Sienna who wrapped her little arms around Joyce.

You and Chris held eye contacting as he stood up from the booth and smiled weakly.

"It's good to see you," He said and you ignored him looking down at your daughter who was now looking at Chris.
He bent down and smiled welcomely extending his hand.

"And it's so good to meet you as well." Sienna looked at you then at him and back at you. Confusion was written on over her face looking at the stranger who looked exactly like her. You were raising her to never talk to strangers so she was wondering why a stranger was sitting at the table.

"Are you my daddy?" Blurted out her mouth shyly and Chris looked up at you and then back at her, nodding his head. She hesitated before giggling and wrapping her little arms around his neck. Chris got taken aback before wrapping his arms around her and picking her up in his arms as a tear fell down his cheek. Joyce was in tears and you were trying to contain your composure to the best of your ability.

"I'mma go get us some food." Joyce spoke walking to the register. Chris sat him and Sienna down in the booth and you sat across from them letting out a breath.

"Mommy, I finally have a daddy like all the kids at school." She spoke happily. It was days, weeks, and months where she would ask about if she had a daddy and why her daddy wasn't picking her from school like all the other kids. And days and months where you repeatedly tell her she didn't have on and that you don't know where her daddy was.

"Now, you can pick me up so all my friends see you and Mommy doesn't have to." Chris chuckled and nodding.

"I can and then we can go out for ice cream and to the park. As long as it's cool with you, though." He said looking at you and she also stared at you with puppy dog eyes.

"Can he? Oh, can you pick me up tomorrow?"

You took in a breath and nodded your head, "Of course you can. I'll tell your mom to send you the information."

"Or I can just give you my number and you could send it to me."

"Chris-"

"We got a child, y/n. I already missed four years and I don't wanna miss anymore. It already upsets me just the thought about how much I wasn't able to witness her first steps to her first day of school. I mean I understood your reasoning but now we got all the time in the world to make up for it."

She wrapped her arms back around his neck and hugged from the side making him giggle as well as her. She was an energetic child just like him, had his laugh, talk with her hands like he did, loved the same shows he did.

You sighed and took your phone out and went to the keypad handing it to him. He typed in his number and his name before handing it back to you.

Joyce came back with three coffees and a cup of apple juice setting it down on the table.

"They'll be bringing the food soon,"

"Did you get me a grilled cheese?" Sienna asked making Chris laugh because that was his favorite sandwich as a kid.

"I did, little miss, as well as apple sauce on the side." She did her happy dance and you laughed.

"Chris, she has her first dance class on Friday if you wanted to join and watch. She's been begging to take a class thanks to you." He laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, I'd definitely love to join."

"Are you guys gonna get married now like the rest of my classmates?"

A small tension went over the table and you and him made eye contact as he bit his lip nervously. That was always something you used to talk about when you were together was having a family and getting married. He used to always say he wanted you to be the one to give him his first child and to have five of them.

"Well, I don't know but we got all the time in the world now to talk about it." Chris told her before looking back at you.

You smiled softly, "We sure do. I'm happy your back."

the drafts is back and full so be expecting updates again from this book sooooooooon