[ meetings ]

It was a quiet day surprisingly at work

It was a quiet day surprisingly at work. Nobody really came into foot locker today so I was just waiting until my shift ended which was in a hour. I was starting to hate this job more and more everyday.

"See I chose this job cause I heard it was finna be some fine niggas.... and ain't nobody here!" Brittany, my coworker, said and I laughed.

"It was that cute boy yesterday."

"Girl, he smelled like moldy cheese."
I laughed and shook my head. She was gonna comment something else until a group of guys walked in. We turned our heads to look at them. The whole group was fine but one really stood out from the rest.

"Alright, there's 4. Two for me and two for you. Come on." Brittany dragged me over to the boys and pushed me in one directions while she went to another. I don't know why but I could immediately feel myself becoming nervous.

"Hi, um, can I help y'all out?" I said my voice coming out shaky a bit. One of the boys looking over at me and shook his head meanwhile the other the one, the finest one held up a show to me.

"Yeah, actually. Do y'all got this in a size 11?" He questioned looking up from the shoe and at me. And if I could pass out right now I would. He was even more fine up close amd he smelled real good much better than the moldy cheese dude from yesterday. He had two nose rings and few face tattoos as well as his arms and he had on this hat that said Daddy. For him to wear that in public and not be embarrassed says a lot.

"Hello." He smirked snapping me out my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. Let me get that for you." I smiled and grabbed the shoe out his hand and walked to the back. Brittany joined me shortly after.

"Girl, it must be our lucky day cause damn." Was the first thing she said to me.

"Tell me about it."

"How the whole friend group fine? Should be illegal."

"Did you see the one I was helping in the orange? I almost passed out." I said grabbing the box of sneakers for him.

"Sex on legs."

"Are those sneakers for him?" She pointed to the shoe box in my hand.

"Yeah, size 11." Her mouth dropped open in surprise.

"Size 11? You know what they say about men with big feet."

I laughed slightly stepping down from the stepping stool. I walked back out to the front of the store over to the boy who was sitting down on the leather bench on his phone.

"Okay, here you go. You're lucky cause those the last ones." He looked up at me and set his phone down besides him grabbing the shoe box from my hand.

"Thanks." I stood off to the side and watch him take his left converse off and slide on the left Air Jordan. He adjusted it a bit to where it perfectly before standing up and walking back and forth in it.

"Aight,  I'mma take these." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smell back and take the shoes from him once he put them back in the box.

We walked over to the register and he leaned his arms against them as ringed them up.

"So what time your shift end....y/n?" He read my name tag and looked at me.

"In about 30 minutes, why?" I bit my lip nervously looking at him.

"You got plans after work?"

"Just to watch my little cousin and your total is 132.50." He pulled his wallet out his pocket and took out a black credit card.

"Damn, I wanted to take you out but you busy so I guess another time then." He smirked and shrugged swiping his card and pressing credit.

"And how'd you know I wanna go out with you?" I raised my eyebrow and smiled. He chuckled softly watching me grabbing the shoe box and place them in a bag.

"I saw you checking a nigga out. If you wanted me should've just said something, scary ass." I took his receipt off the printer and placed in his bag handing it to him.

"Boy ain't nobody scared." I rolled my eyes and laughed. He took his phone out his pocket and unlocked it and then handed it to me.

"What's this for?"

"How else I'mma take you out and I don't even got your number?" Without a second thought, I grabbed the phone and put my name and number in handing it back to him.

"Nice meeting you." He said smiled sweetly and walked away to his boys who was waiting for him outside.

"Well, shit maybe I do like this job."