[ care ]

You've been workingYou've been working lateBut I'm glad you're home

You've been working
You've been working late
But I'm glad you're home

You walked into your house shutting the door behind you making sure to lock it. Sighing you placed your keys down on the counter in the kitchen.

You were so tired after another long day at work that you didn't even realize the rose petals and candles that was scattered around the place making a trail to your bedroom.

You smiled and followed it hearing slow r&b music come out your bathroom as you got closer.

"Babe?" Your voice echoed. Your fiance came into your view as you walked into the bathroom seeing even more candles and rose petals.

Chris was seated on the edge of the bathtub in grey sweatpants and nothing else pouring wine into two glasses placing them on the bath tray.

He smiled at you getting up and walking over to you wrapping his arms around your waist as your hands rested on his tattooed arms.

"Hey." He said pulling you closer and kissing your cheek.

"Hi. What's this?"

"I don't know. Just wanted to do something special for you. I know you been working late all week and I saw how tired you were so I wanted to do something for you to help you relax." He shrugged and you smiled.

"I appreciate it."

"Yeah, well you gonna appreciate this even more, come on." He walked you two over to the bathtub helping you out of your clothes and into the tub.

Made you dinner
Ran bath water babe
We got time alone

Chris climbed in behind you and you rested your back against his tattooed chest.

One of his hands was playing with your hair as the other one was wrapped around you while you were telling him about your day since he always asks you everyday how it went as you traced the skull on his hand.

"I made dinner for you." He said.

You turned your head around and looked at him shocked making him playfully roll his eyes.

He couldn't cook if his life depended on it. But ever since the two of you started dating, he got into wanting to cook for you especially for nights like this when you come home late.

Now not gonna lie, sometimes it turned out really good but other times not so much.

"What did you make?" Your eyes drifted over to the floor to ceiling window that was in your bathroom that overlooked a nice view of Los Angeles.

"Alfredo. Shrimp Alfredo." A smile crept up on your face. You've been craving that for awhile now and  that was also one the best things he can make without messing up.

"I can't wait to eat it. I'm so hungry." The last time you ate anything was at 3 pm that afternoon and since then it's been nothing but snacks from the vending machine at your job.

Girl, it's a you kinda night
And I want you here with me

You relaxed more into his arms and him doing the same leaving little pecks of kisses on the side of your face.

This wasn't the first time he's done something like this for you. He's always catered to you since you started dating. Making sure you were ok, fed, taken care of. He's always kept a smile on your face.

He not always been the affectionate type but you definitely changed that for him. He never liked the thought of being tied down, he always went almost every night with his so called friends who didn't care about him. Always hung with the wrong crowd and that crowd always got him in trouble. Sleeping with randoms.

But once again, somehow you came and changed that. That's what led to that beautiful Tiffany and Co engagement ring on your finger.

It's been a long long time
So I called your mama and told her to watch your kids

"I thought you were getting Royalty this weekend." Royalty was his daughter of course. Not by you though. You and her shared a good relationship since you have been apart of her life since she was 2 and she's 6 now. Surprisingly, her mom liked you too.

"I was but she wanted to stay with my mom tonight and come with us tomorrow. My mom agreed to it anyway since you know that's her best friend," he chuckled softly, "Plus, I told her I was planning this so she let me have tonight."

"I can't wait to see her. It feels like it's been forever." The last time you saw her was when the three of you went to Disneyland almost a month ago.

"It's only been 2 weeks." He laughed at you.

Well, maybe not a month.

"Still a long time."

A comfortable silence fell over the two of you as you just relaxed im each other's company sipping on the wine with only Simple Things by Miguel playing from the Bluetooth speaker.

You know I care bout you,
You know I care,
'Bout everything you do

"You know I love and care about you, right?" He whispered into your ear and you nodded.

"Of course, I love you too."