Thirty one

Chapter name: confrontations

I had the folder in one hand as I marched down to my parents room, Dakota following behind me, now knowing what I had read.

Without hesitating I knocked loudly on their door. "Who is it?" My father asked, his voice muffled through the door. I rolled my eyes, not wanting to wait any longer as I turned the doorknob and opened the door, making it slam on the wall. "What do you need?" My mom asked, ignoring the fact I just slammed her door open.

I lifted the folder up, showing them her name. Showing them that I have her folder. I watched as my mothers face changed. I tossed it onto the ground, letting all the papers fall out and scatter onto the floor.

"You want us to tell you everything but you don't do the same for us!" I started. "That was none of your business!" My father stood up off of the bed. "You should've told us! Do Bennett and Oliver know?! Or were they left in the dark too?!" I was angry, I am fuming. If I was in a cartoon my eyes would be red and smoke would be coming out of my ears.

"Yknow what?" Oliver stood at the doorway beside Dakota, probably passing by until he heard his name. "Mommy and daddy left a huge part out of moms lives for us." I said in an innocent voice. "Stop it Scarlet!" My mom yelled at me, grabbing me arm and squeezing it. I yanked my arm out of her hand and took a step away from her, turning around to face the guys.

"Temperance Andrews." I started, I was going to recite what I learned from memory. "Andrews family was rich until our grandma died." We knew that part. "She died in an accident when mom was ten. Drunk driver. Mom stayed in a coma for a week-" I avoided moms desperate hands trying to shut me up. "Her father got her out of the hospital early! Mom went to the hospital several times. Severe beatings, severe dehydration, and starvation!" I stopped when mom gripped my hair and twisted it in her hands, making my body twist with it.

"ASIDE ALL OF THAT WE FIND OUT THAT SHE WAS ABUSED. ITS WRITTEN IN PEN BESIDE ALL OF THE PRINT LETTERS. WHY DID YOU NEVER TELL US?!" I yelled at her, opening her hand up, making her release my hair.

"How dare you!" My father angrily shoved me, pushing me back towards the wall. "How dare YOU! You could've told us!" I defended myself as a picture frame fell from the wall beside me. "It's not your business at all!" He replied as his hand raised up, slapping me in my face, the impact throwing my head to the side as tears stung my eyes.

I put both of my hands on his chest and pushed him back as hard as I could. He only moved back a little, but that was enough room for me to escape. I ran out, pushing passed both boys. Dakota and Oliver both looking shocked.

I ran towards the staircase and got on the railing, sliding down. I then hopped off and ran passed multiple family members who were calling my name. I opened the big double doors and ran out, slamming them behind me.

My legs kept pumping, carrying me along the street was my heart was going to give out. I just hoped that no one had looked out the window during this time. They would've seen a pink haired girl in a dress running down the streets in the dark with tears smearing her makeup. Horrendous.

I don't know how long I have been running for, but I know that I'm no where near the mansion.

"Scarlet!" I heard an all too familiar voice right behind me. I uncurled my fists into blades and kept pumping my legs. Complete shock filled my body as I felt arms wrap around my torso. At this point in time I was too tired to fight back or yell so I just worked on catching my breath. Dakota let me go, knowing I'm too tired to run or fight him.

"Do you even know where you were going?" He asked me as he struggled to catch his breath also. "Away from the mansion." I replied. Maybe that wasn't my business, but I still felt betrayed. Lied to. Like all they knew how to tell me was lies.

They said moms dad had lost his way when his wife died, but they never mentioned he was abusive. They never mentioned that dad and his friends had killed him. I grew up thinking my grandfather would've been a good guy, only to find out that he was the bad guy.

"Listen to me." Dakota sounded urgent, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to his chest as he whispered. I stayed quiet, waiting for him to tell me what the issue was, because I knew there was one. He wouldn't sound so desperate unless there was a situation.

"A van has been following us as we were running. We are too weak to fight them off, and we are too weak to run. Whatever you do, stay by me." He ordered. I nodded as he brushed his hand through my hair as I tried to catch my breath.

I knew where this was going. We were going to get taken. He was going to let them take us. There's nothing we could do about it either. We are too weak at the moment. There's nothing we could do about it. We didn't have weapons on us. We didn't expect to do this. We expected to go to a dinner party.

This is all because I ran. I ran from the mansion. Dakota followed me. He shouldn't be here. Now instead of only me getting taken it would be him too.

In a span of the seconds hands were on me, grabbing me and pulling me away. I tried my best to keep my arms wrapped around Dakota as I pressed my face into his clothes, I felt him desperately trying to pull me closer to him.

A pair of strong arms pulled us apart. "NO. NO DAKOTA!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I thrashed around in their arms. They were in all black so I couldn't make out the face. They were taking Dakota too.

Suddenly a hand holding a metal rod swung at me. The rod hit my head leaving a stinging pain. Leaving the world around me blurry as I go limp. The pain giving me a major headache. I was now sleepy, unlike I was before. I knew that once I closed my eyes it would be over for me. But I couldn't help it.

I felt their strong arms lift me up uncomfortably as I heard Dakotas far away voice yell at them. I heard a loud hit and Dakotas voice stopped. I opened my eyes once more and looked at Dakota. His head was bleeding as it hung low, he wasn't conscious. He was limp. I felt hot liquid leak onto my face and I finally closed my eyes for the last time as the blood threatened to spill into them.

I'm not sorry. :)