Nine

Chapter name: handcuffs

Scarlet pov

"I'll... I'll go answer it." I volunteered as I walked passed everyone, heading to the front door. I stood at the front door, looking at the doorknobs to the double door as Dakota looked out the window. "There's two police cars outside." He told me as he made his way to my side. "You two stay in the kitchen." I told them as I motioned for them to close the kitchen door.

"Police! Open up!" I heard a strict, muffled yell directed towards us from behind the door. I unlocked the door with slightly trembling hands and opened the double doors. "My name is Officer Henry. Is Bennett Turner here?" The officer at the door asked sternly, eyeing all of my bruises.

"Why..?" I asked him suspiciously. "Why do you have all of those bruises and a bandage on your face?" He asked. Touché. "I'll go get him." I told him as I closed the door back. The hand slammed on the door to keep it from closing all the way, causing me to look up. "What." I frowned at him as I opened the door back. "We will be coming with you." Henry and another police officer stepped in. I looked at Dakota with anxiety running through my body. He gave me a sympathetic look as took my hand in his. Usually I'd punch anyone in the face for doing that. But in this second I didn't care, I was so confused.

Why are cops here for Bennett? Are they just here to talk or ask questions? Are they taking him from me..?

Dakota and I stepped into the elevator with the two cops and went down to the bottom floor. As soon as the elevator door opened Bennett was seen. I saw his eyes went wide as he pulled out a gun and pointed at the police officers, who were currently by Dakota and I. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled at Bennett as Dakota immediately got in front of me. "Stop it Dakota!" I tried to get around Dakota but he kept me behind him.

"Put the gun down, Turner. You're putting everyone in danger." Henry pulled his gun out and pointed it at Bennett. "DONT SHOOT HIM!" I yelled at both officers as I finally got around Dakota. "Stay out of this maam." The other officer demanded. Dakota grabbed my arm with a sigh. I felt him bend down, he pulled my hair away from my ear, I felt his hot breath on my neck. "Stop being stubborn. You're making this harder on me. It's my job to protect you." He whispered in my ear so the cops wouldn't hear. "He is my brother." I replied as I stared at Bennett.

His eyes were still drained. Like he has nothing left. I saw as Oliver walked out and was immediately wide eyed at the scene. He shook his head and then ran up behind Bennett. I kept my eyes on my brothers. Oliver pushed the gun out of Bennett's hand, like I did the night of the mission. As the gun clanged on the ground Bennett turns his attention to Oliver. "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" Bennett's eyes were filled with rage as he then tackled my brother down to the ground with his hands wrapped around his throat.

I started to run but was immediately held back by Dakota grabbing my arms. Both of the officers ran out of the elevator and kicked Bennett off of Oliver. I stomped on Dakotas foot, and he let me go. I ran to my brothers. I crouched down and brought Oliver into my arms as he was coughing. Tears streamed down my face as I watched my oldest brother being handcuffed by two police after choking Oliver.

"You, Bennett Turner are under arrest for the murders and mutilations of multiple people. You have the right to remain silence, everything you say will be used against you in the court of law." The officers brought him back up to his feet.

Then it clicked. He is the serial killer that Oliver was investigating. I let out a cry as Bennett looked at me as he was being taken into the elevator. I felt betrayed. My heart was ripped out of my chest. My brother was a serial killer. "Why did you do that?!" Dakota scolded me as he ran up to me. I looked back at him with tears in my eyes. He immediately stopped and his facial expression softened as he got on the floor beside Oliver and I. "I'm ok Scar." Oliver whispered as he sat up. He was obviously hurting like I was.

"I'll go tell our parents. Dakota take her away." Oliver sighed as he held his head while he stood up. I laid out on the ground, letting Dakota know I wasn't going anywhere on foot. He sighed as he picked me up bridal style. I put my head on his chest as he carried me back to the elevator. "You love making my job hard don't you?" He asked as he stepped in the elevator. "I can make it much worse." I told him as I closed my eyes.

He laid me on my bed. As soon as he did I wrapped my legs around him, keeping him there. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Make me feel better." I replied. "I- Scarlet... you're a beautiful girl and you have a nice body but you know we cant do that..." He replied awkwardly. I glared at him, "Get your head out of the gutter. I just want icecream."

I unwrapped my legs around him. He stayed there for a second then got up. "I'm your bodyguard. Not your servant." He rolled his eyes at me. "So you're more willing to get inside me than get me icecream." I tried my best to make him even more uncomfortable. "I'll get you chocolate chip." He immediately said before booking it out of my room.

So my brother is a serial killer that mutilated people. And I'm now starting to feel an attraction for Dakota. Shits bonkers.

I waited a few minutes as I curled up in a ball, waiting for comfort food. I watched as the door opened and immediately dried my tears. I sat up as Dakota brought me what I asked for. "Can you ask my dad what's the next mission we can go on?" I asked Dakota. I was craving a distraction. I needed one. I Couldn't handle this.

"Yeah. I'll tell you what he says." Dakota nodded and left my room, leaving me alone with a bowl of icecream and my thoughts.

Ahhhhhh. Ok. Also. Sorry this was so short.