Seven

Chapter name: recovering

Dakota

"What happened to scarlet?" I barely managed to ask the nurse as I woke up in the mansions hospital room. I immediately had a trash can rushed towards me as I violently vomited.

"You and Oliver will be feeling severe nausea, dizziness, and even throwing up... as you just did." The nurse told us. I glanced at Oliver, on a bed beside mine. He was awake and looks like shit. He looks like he feels like shit. As do I.

"Where is my sister?" Oliver asked the nurse. The nurse didn't answer as she got a mop and mopped the throw up that missed the trash can. "MAAM!" Oliver and I raised our voice at her.

"She is going through surgery to get a bullet removed. Apparently it broke inside of her and several pieces went in different places of her body... one rupturing one of her important organs." She finally responded, taking the mop back. I laid back down slowly, "Will she be ok?" I asked her. "Surgery will be done in seven hours." She replied, avoiding my question.

"Kelly, can my wife and I have a moment alone with the guys?" I tended up as Alec stood at the door with Temperance behind him. Nurse Kelly nodded as she left the room. Alec and Temperance walked in, shutting the door behind them.

If I die.... well God. I haven't really talked to you in a while. But if I die please keep my family safe.

"Stop acting so worried Dakota." Alec sat in a chair in front of me. "We know it wasn't your fault. You weren't with her. And even if you were. They chloroformed you." Temperance walked over to Oliver as she talked to me. She sat down beside her son and grabbed his hand.

"She had to fight against two guys." Alec sighed, slightly slouching in defeat. "They didn't do anything to her right?" I quickly asked. "Aside from shooting her, slicing her face, and giving her several bruises nothing else has happened to her." Alec replied. I don't know what I would've done if they touched her. Or raped her.

"Where are the two guys?" Oliver asked, obviously very tense from hearing how her sister was beaten. "We got to one just in time. Connor shot and killed him before I could even lift my gun up. And the other is in the holding room for questioning." Alec filled us in.

I don't even like Scarlet. Well... I don't dislike her. But I don't like her. But for some reason... worry fills me.

Aside from the worry, nausea was at the brink of taking me over and making me a slave to puke. We needed time to recover from the chloroform. "We will leave you two alone." Temperance gave me a warm smile and took her husbands arm and led him out, closing the door behind them.

The nurse came in, rushing to the back room where Scarlet was having her surgery. Is everything ok? I still believe that if scarlet dies then I'm going to die too.

It's not like I cared about my own life. It's that I cared about what would happen to my family if I died. I'm the one who brings in money. Not my dying mom or young brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Temperance

I know some of you miss this character. So I'll bring her in for this chapter. But don't expect this to be normal.

This was the normal. Someone always getting hurt. My whole past was me getting hurt. I've been able to hide the panic attacks, flashbacks, and nightmares from my children. They don't know anything about my past. That's how it's going to stay. They have so many questions about it, I know that. But I refuse to answer any.