One

Chapter name: Pilot

I crouched behind a bookshelf with my best friend, Paisley upstairs hiding in the shower. I looked down at the gun in my hand. Come on Scarlet. This is your first outing. Don't fucking blow it. Fifteen years of training, ten years of begging. And I finally get to go out on my first outing.

My team is a bunch of bullshitters. It's myself, Paisley, Jaxton, and Nathaniel. Paisley and I were the only ones that could make it.

Mission is to kill Rodger from another gang. Well this Rodger guy expected us. And had backup.

"If you don't find them and kill them I'll blow your fucking heads off." I heard a man say. It was probably Rodger. Looking for us. I heard a gun cock behind my head.

GREAT JOB SCARLET. YOU BLEW YOUR MISSION. I yelled at myself. If I die. There will be no lecture. If I live. There will be a lecture. Options suck. "Found you little missy." I heard the person behind me say.

I heard a shriek come from upstairs. I didn't think. I held my breath as my body moved for me. I was turned towards the man with the gun to me. Knocked the gun out of his hand with my forearm as he was about to shoot. The gun went off as it hit the ground, shooting the wall beside us. "You little bitch!" He balled his hands into fists, about to swing at me.

"IF YOU PUNCH HER ILL SHOOT!" I heard an all too familiar voice. I look over to see my oldest brother at the door, with several gang members rushing in. There were four guns pointed at this guy, while mine wasn't even pointed at anything but the ground.

The man in front of me lowered his fist. Not even a second later I had blood splattered all over me. I stood there shocked as Bennett's bullet went through the mans body. I watched in horror as Bennett cocked his gun and shot. Then again. Again. Again. Again. Again. Each time putting more blood on me.

"STOP IT BENNETT!" I yell as I run to him, grabbing onto his arm and trying to lower it. "Stop!" I pushed his gun away and onto the floor. When I did he looked at me with something in his eyes I've never seen before. He was distant and cold. What happened to the fun and loving Bennett. Is this what happens when you shoot someone?

"Loosen up Scarlet." He pushed my hand off of his arm and went to pick up his gun. I put both of my hands up to my face and wiped the blood from around my eyes, it smeared on my hand.

I heard a few more gunshots come from upstairs. Paisley. I sprinted towards the stairs and ran up, skipping two at a time. Please be ok please be ok. I ran towards an open door and fell onto my knees onto the tile bathroom floor. There was a puddle of blood right in front of me. Not from Paisley. From the two guys that were up here with her. Paisley ran towards me and landed on me, wrapping her arms around my neck and choking me.

"Let's go. Cops will be here any minute." I looked up after she separated from me. A man stood above me, looking at me. My heart skipped a beat. THAT IS THE SEXIEST MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. I got ahold of myself and regained my sanity. Paisley and I stood up and made our way downstairs with this hunk of meat and his friend behind us.

Suddenly I felt a strong grip on my wrist, yanking me back and turning me around. It was my brother. With that cold, dead look still in his eyes. With his other hand he gently wrapped it around my neck and lightly tightened it, to strain my breathing.

I put my free hand on his wrist. "You better go by the code next time." He told me. The code he was talking about is when your teammates aren't at the scene then you get new ones before you go in.

"Let go of me." I told him. In these types of situations I've seen people coward in fear and beg for their life. But this.. this is my brother. The one who grew up with me. We trained together, he helped me learn how to shoot. Both of my brothers have always had my back. And I've always had theirs. I tried to pry his fingers off of my neck as he started to squeeze tighter, blocking my airway. Something... something isn't right. Something is different with Bennett.