Four

Chapter name: unexpected visitors

"Could you be any more immature." Dakota kicked my leg with the side of his foot as he sat beside me at the long dinner table. Just a few seconds before that I was poking at the lobster on my plate. "I'm not being immature. This shit looks disgusting." I kicked him back.

It was eight at night and in the main dining room we had a huge table filled with people I know and Don't know. I guess since we have no way to spend our money we spend them on food. I had slipped my knife into my bra, hoping I wouldn't have to use it tonight.

I glanced beside me at Oliver who was eating his lobster like a dog eats human food. "I'm gonna puke." I turned away, covering my mouth. I glanced up at Bennett, who was eating in front of me, his eyes were stuck on me. Those cold, dead eyes from that night are back. "Just eat your food." Dakota rolled his eyes at me, dragging my attention off of Bennett and onto him.

"I hate these meets." I sighed, pushing my plate with the lobster out in front of me like a child does when they don't want their food. I always try to get out of these. My approach this time was wearing short clothes. But it just made me uncomfortable. I was barely dressed. And cold. My dress was low cut, to where you can see my cleavage, it shows a slit of stomach, and stops right below my butt. I have to pull it down every five seconds. Plus it's skin tight so I feel like I can't BREATHE.

I leaned over to Dakota, "If at any time you see my ass cheeks or my boobs fall out... tell me. Or else I'll chop your dick off in your sleep." I whispered to him. He nodded, staying silent.

"Where was mom today?" I heard Bennett ask Oliver. "She was visiting grandmas grave." Oliver replied. She always visits grandmas.... but never grandads. I haven't even seen a grave for him. Mom doesn't talk about them at all. We don't know anything about our grandparents or how they died. We don't know about Kenli or Chris's parents either. None of them talk about their childhood. Mom just keeps her past a secret. That's something they avoid talking about. But why? What would be the reason?

"Scarlet." I felt a swift kick hit my shin, causing my face to twist in pain as my hand went down to my shin to comfort it. I was kicked by Bennett. I felt a hand on my back and a voice asking me what's wrong. Olivers hand. Dakota's voice. I glared at Bennett, not answering Dakota. "The fuck was that for?!" I could feel the vain popping out of my forehead. "Pay attention to what is being said." Bennett told me quietly as he directed his attention to my dad standing up at the end of the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner we were all summoned to the meeting room. I stayed by Dakota as we walked towards the meeting room. I turned my head towards Oliver but in my surprise he wasn't there.

I threw all of my questions about my brother's disappearance aside as I sat at the table.

"Scarlet Emaline Turner." I stopped talking at the round table filled with several members and glared at the person that said my full name. "It's Scarlet." I corrected one of the older gang members. "Dakota mentioned something that happened earlier. Will you tell us?" The older member asked. He was maybe around my dads age. I couldn't tell.

I looked around the table. I knew that I couldn't be snarky at a meeting. Being snarky at a meeting like this would get me disciplined. Even the gang leaders children get disciplined. I remember when Bennett got disciplined. Well... I don't know what they did to him. But I do know that he had to stay in his room for a week after that.. with only visitation from the doctor. Mom didn't speak to my dad that day, or week. But she knew that it's something that had to happen.

I stood up to speak. "Someone from Jared's gang pulled a gun out on me. Dakota jumped in front of me.." I looked at Dakota and glared, "Which he shouldn't have. But her name was Sahara." I sat back down in my spot. "I'll need you to exit the room now." Dad shooed me away. Didn't want to be at this dumbass meeting anyways.

I stood up, pulling the bottom of my dress back down so no one could see my goods and I walked out, swaying my hips.

"Where are you going?" I ran into Oliver.. who wasn't in the meeting room for some reason. He was holding an iPad playing a video in his hands. "To... shoot. Why are you not in the meeting room?" I asked him. I grabbed his arm and dragged him along with me to the practice room. "Well dad asked Rea and I to find out what we could about the serial murderer that's going around." He responded. I clicked the elevator button and waited for it to open. "Did you find anything out?" I asked him. The elevator door opened with a ding. "Well we found out that this person isn't just murdering. He is torturing too. Mutilating. The police are suspicious of the gang. That's why we are looking into it." He responded as the elevator moved down.

We were out. We walked towards the training room. I opened the door with the code. It was a big room. With all sorts of guns. We had earplugs and safety glasses. There were close range targets, medium, far, and moving. "What are you going to do about it?" I asked him, going back to the murderer topic. "We can't do anything. We only have a few police paid off. And a few undercover cops. Not enough to keep us safe." He told me. Ethan is an undercover cop.... that must be hard. Having to juggle between the life of sinners and the life of saints.

I put earplugs in my ears and threw Oliver the other pair. I put on the clear goggles and grabbed a Glock 19. I cocked it and began shooting the targets while I walked from close range to far range.

I felt a hand on my wrist. I was ready to give Oliver a lecture on why you shouldn't be around someone with a gun... but this wasn't Oliver. Without thinking I punched the man in the face and kicked him in the knee, there were several punches thrown at me and on the last I caught his hand. I twisted it in a way to where I had him turned around and it was bent behind his back while he was silently suffering. "I could break your arm right now." I lifted his arm up more as I felt the blood from my nose drip down my lips and onto my chin.

Suddenly the lights went out, it was pitch black for a few seconds. I made sure to keep all my weight on this guy. Why did the lights go out? Then the emergency lights flickered on. They were red lights that painted everything a crimson red color. Who turned off the lights? I took my earplugs and safety goggles off.

He let out a grunt but continued to stay silent. "Who are you?" I put my knee on the middle of his back, right below where I had his arm. "Where is my brother?!" I switched topics, suddenly worried about Oliver. He usually never leaves when I'm shooting. He gives me pointers. I saw him smirk and I immediately lifted his arm up to hear him let out a yell and hit his hand on the ground. "Now I see why Jared and his gang want you." He told me.

Wants me? Don't they want to KILL me? "What are you talking about?" I asked him, now curious. "He doesn't want to kill you like you think." He replied. I shook my head. I don't care about that right now. "Scarlet.." I could hear Oliver's faint voice coming from the doorway. I look down at the man under me. I reach and grab his gun from beside him. "Think I'll actually stay here?" He smirked, obviously knowing my plan to go rush to my brother. "I KNOW you'll stay here." I replied as I stood up, keeping my gun trained on him.

"I'm not scared of a little girl holding a gun." He told me in a mocking voice. I rolled my eyes as I shot right beside his foot. He looked unfazed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I heard someone else rush into the room. It was someone else. Someone I didn't know. These guys are like fucking roaches. How are they getting in?!