Thirteen

Chapter name: volatile

I push myself halfway out the window, probably looking awkward from both ends. I gasp as I feel a hand on my ankle, yanking me backwards, yanking me away from the window and falling flat onto the bed, with my ankle still in his hand. "GET HER TO THE CAR AND LEAVE!" I scream at Dakota.

I turned around to look at Weston standing over me. You aren't supposed to mess with an abuser. You aren't supposed to mess with a psycho. He had a look in his eyes that was just like Bennett's.

"You little bitch." He bawled his hands into fists and put them together. My eyes went wide, realizing what he was going to do. He's going to bash my head in.

I quickly moved my head, letting his hands smash into the mattress, right above my shoulder. I quickly reached into my bra and opened my knife, I sliced his face, barely an inch below his eye. His blood fell on my neck.

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" He yelled at me as he tried to punch me. I pulled my knee up, kneeing him in the groin. This man should really cover sensitive areas. "Get the fuck off of her!" I heard a familiar voice coming from the doorway. Weston turned around, leaving his neck vulnerable to me. I stretched my right arm across my body, to where it was touching my left. I balled my fist and then launched my arm back up and punched him in his neck, causing him to roll over.

I immediately shot up off the bed and grabbed onto Dakota as he held his hand out for me. "I told you to leave." I frowned at him. "You are my responsibility. Not her." Dakota responded. I turned towards Weston as Dakota lunged towards him, wrapping his arm around Westons neck, putting him in a choke hold. "You need to chill out dude." Dakota told him as his face went red.

Soon Weston was out, leaving Dakota and I to dealing with Paisley. "Why do you always put yourself in danger?!" Dakota scolded me as we left the room. "Maybe danger is attracted to me." I responded, opening the front door. "Well stop running into danger. You make it harder for me to protect you. If I knew he was a psycho I wouldn't have brought you here." Dakota told me as we walked to the car.

"I had to save her." I told him as I walked around the car to the passengers side. We sat in the car and I looked in the back seat. She was still passed out. "Don't you think it'll just make things worse for her when she goes back to his place?" He started the car. "She isn't going back." I replied harshly, wiping the blood off of my neck. "She thinks he loves her. She thinks she loves him. She will go back." Dakota started to drive, making me look out the window at all the passing cars. Maybe he does have a point.

"Dakota?" I asked him to avoid the silence that was filling the car. "What?" He sighed as we pulled up to a stoplight. "Why can't I see my father?" I haven't seen him in a week. Dakota won't let me see him. And it's pissing me off. I even punched him a few times, but he won't budge.

Dakota took a minute to reply. "He is just busy." He finally answered. Even when he is busy he lets me talk to him. Why does this family hide so many fucking secrets?!

Then I got a flashback of a particular time. Back at the auctioning place.

Flashback
"She looks a lot like one of the girls we had over twenty years ago." A man said. "The one that ended up being saved by a gang?"
End of flashback

Was my mom that girl? She always keeps secrets. We know nothing about her past. And dad is a gang leader. I put my hand on my face and sighed. I'll never figure that one out. Can't ask them anything about their past or they'll just brush it off.

"What is it?" Dakota asked. "Nothing." I responded, not feeling like talking anymore. I'll have to go look at the files soon. But I need a key to the room.... good thing I know who has it. I will have to do that later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the front door with Dakota behind me holding Paisley. I stopped dead in my tracks as I was greeted by Oliver. I heard Dakota sigh behind me as he bumped into me. "I- heyyyyy Oliver." I smiled at my brother. "Why do you always do this?!" Oliver raised his voice at me. "I was going to go save my friend." I glared at him. "Well that was dangerous. You actually let her do this?" He turned his attention to Dakota.

"I didn't know it would be dangerous." Dakota replied in a tone he would use to talk to my father. I rolled my eyes at him, Such a suck up.

"At any given point if you want to hand her off, we have Dawson ready to be her bodyguard." Oliver suggested, as if Dakota would actually say yes. I turned around and looked at Dakota. For a second he looked like he was thinking, then he was frustrated and shook his head "no", declining the offer.

"Listen I have things to do. Come with me Dakota." I replied with an attitude, walking passed Oliver, making sure to bump his shoulder with mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dakota gently laid her on the bed that Nurse Kelly pointed to. "Will she be ok?" I asked her as I walked over to Dakota, who was backing away from Paisleys bed. "She will be fine. She just needs some time for her wounds to heal." Nurse Kelly replied, flapping her hand, motioning for us to get out.

As soon as I walked out I remembered about the files. I needed to get my moms files. I knew that father nor mother would let me. The gang members wouldn't let me either. That's why I will have to sneak the key that is placed in Zanders office in the security room.

"Hey Dakota... I'm gonna go take a shower." I told him as we got into the elevator. He extended his hand and pressed the floor our rooms were on. "Ok." He replied blankly. I nodded, this was my time to go.

As soon so the elevator door opened I was out. I needed Dakota to leave so I could sneak down another floor to where Zander was. From there I would be able to take the keys.

I knocked on the bathroom door and waited for anyone to tell me not to come in. I trusted the handle. It was unlocked. I slightly opened the door before turning my head and making eye contact with Dakota. "Wanna come take a shower with me? We can even get in the bath together. The jets feel so nice. I'm pretty sure you'd feel so much nicer though." I winked at him flirtatiously. I will deadass give up my personal mission if he says yes.

He quickly glanced to the floor at my slightly serious question then looked back up at me. "Maybe next time." He responded as he walked off. I smirked at the thought of getting fucked by Dakota as we share a bath. Ok brain. That's a new goal.

I waited until he walked passed my room and into his, closing the door behind him. I closed the bathroom door then walked down the hall towards the stairs.

Will they hookup in the future? Who knows. Certainly not me, the writer, who knows everything that's going to happen. Ahaaaa