13 : S O _ C L O S E [4/5]

Picture edited by me (Photoshop)

△▽▲▽△▽▲▽△▼△▽

Once finished with your breakfast, you leaned back against the couch with a pleased sigh.
"Thanks again. It was really good." You complimented the Android's cooking.
"I'm glad." he smiled gently.
"I'm gonna take a shower if that's alright." You looked over at Hank.
"Sure." he replied. "I, uuh, packed some, uhm, stuff. Of yours. From a drawer. And the closet." he reluctantly told you, obviously embarrassed from the fact he had to go through your wardrobe.
You let out a chuckle and got up. "Don't worry about it, it's very thoughtful of you. Thank you."
"Whatever..." The Lieutenant mumbled in response.

You made your way to the bedroom and rummaged through the plastic bag with your things and fished out some fresh clothes, a hairbrush and other toiletries. You patted Sumo and your dog who remained on the bed, before moving to the bathroom and shutting the door.
You set everything down, glanced at the mirror, and were almost startled by how messy you looked... Trying not to dwell on that thought any further, you quickly stepped towards the bathtub and drew back the shower curtain, immediately appalled by the sight that lied behind, the tub being all sorts of grimy, looking like it hasn't been cleaned in years.
You let out a noise of disgust when suddenly, there was a soft knock on the door.
"Excuse me, may I come in for a moment?" Connor asked politely.
"Uh, sure."
He slowly opened the door and stepped inside, a pair of towels in his hands. "Hank said you might need these." he set them down on a small dresser standing by the door.
"Oh, why thank you."
Connor looked at you. "Is everything alright?" he tilted his head.
"Well... Hank's bathtub is gross... Think I'm just gonna clean it real quick." You explained and opened the cupboard underneath the sink, pulling out a sponge and a bottle of bathroom cleaner that looked like it hasn't been touched in far too long.
"You shouldn't overexert yourself, (Y/N). Let me do it." Connor suggested.
"Oh, y- you don't have to..."
"I insist. It's alright, I'll be very quick."
"Fine..." You handed him the cleaning supplies and watched as he began scrubbing.
He was indeed anything but slow and you were impressed by his accurate movements, not missing a single spot, and wondered if there was anything this guy could not do.
It wasn't much longer until he rinsed the foaming tub and watched the dirty greyish liquid disappear through the drain.
"Ew." you muttered.
"Indeed." Connor confirmed and went to the sink to rinse the sponge and wash his hands.
"I'm guessing chemicals like that don't harm you at all?" you commented curiously, awkwardly trying to strike up a conversation somehow.
"No. The materials I am made up of are very durable." he answered and dried off his hands. "I shall leave you to it." he nodded with a smile. "Let me know if there is anything else you need."
"Sure thing." you smiled back at him as he approached the door.

"C- Connor?"
"Yes?" he turned around again, looking at you expectantly, slightly tilting his head.
"Uhm..." you muttered. "Y- your hair..."
"My hair...?" He turned towards the mirror. "Oh. I see." He chuckled and proceeded to fix it, not quite getting it right. "Is that better?" he looked back at you with the sweetest smile.
"Hold on, let me..." You reached up to sort his hair and Connor even leaned down a little to make it easier for you, seeing as he was quite a bit taller. With the silence and lingering thoughts from earlier events, the atmosphere was kind of tense... You could feel your heart pounding inside your chest, trying to keep your hands from shaking nervously. Connor not taking his eyes off you and seemingly examining your features surely didn't help, but you tried your best to ignore it.
"There you go."
"Thanks." The android smiled and checked himself out in the mirror. "Would that be all?" he tilted his head again. God, that cute head tilt of his... You really wanted to say no and pull him closer but decided to hold back instead, perhaps wanting to wait for a better moment. Either way, you couldn't help but smile brightly at his mannerisms.
"I guess so..."
"You guess?" he furrowed his brows ever so slightly, smiling back, tilting his head even more, wondering what was on your mind. "Then why are you smiling?"
"I- I mean..." you looked away sheepishly. "I just... I like the way you tilt your head... It's... really cute..." you stammered.
"O- oh..." he replied. "I appreciate it..." He looked at you and an awkward pause ensued, before he spoke again. "Well then... Feel free to call out if there's anything you need."
"Will do. Thanks again."
"It's my pleasure." Connor nodded and finally left the room, softly shutting the door.