4 : R E S T I N G [3/4]

"(Y/N)? Wake up

"(Y/N)? Wake up..."

You heard a faint voice call for you, and awoke from your slumber in an instant, eyes opened wide. You looked around, trying to figure out what's going on and realized that you fell asleep by the TV.

You started shivering, since the sliding door was open the whole time, the room now being freezing cold. You glanced over to it and jumped with a gasp when you saw a silhouette standing in the frame.

You squinted. "... Connor?"

"Good evening, (Y/N). I'm sorry to barge in like this. I knocked on the front door, but you didn't answer. I saw that the lights were on and walked around the house, and saw you sleeping. The door was open."

"What's going on? What are you doing here?" you asked him while rubbing your arms, trying to warm up, and covering yourself with the blanket some more.

Connor stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

"We've got a new case, I need you to come with me. The Lieutenant is waiting in the car outside."

"What, right now?"

"I'm afraid it cannot wait."

"Oh, I see... Guess I should get dressed then." You stretched.

Just as you were about to remove your blanket, Connor spoke up. "(Y/N), my scanners tell me your body temperature is slightly below average. May I suggest having a hot drink to warm yourself up?"

"You're... scanning me...?" you asked, not knowing what it means, blushing, and pulling your blanket up to your face.

"What do you...      Oh.      ... No, no. Don't worry. It doesn't function... like- Well, like that."

"Jesus, okay, you scared me there for a second. Sorry..." You chuckled in embarrassment. "Uhh, anyways, I'm gonna go get dressed..."

"I see you own tea." The android pointed at the empty mug standing on your coffee table, while you got up from the couch. "I can make you some, while you get ready, if you'd like." He offered. "Oh that's very kind of you, Connor. Thank you." You gladly took his offer and went to the bedroom, shutting the door behind you.

You put on some clothes and freshened up in the bathroom, before returning to the living room, where Connor was expecting you with a soft smile and a steaming hot mug in his hand. "Thanks again." You smiled at him and took it. "So, where will we be heading?" you asked, while trying to take a sip without burning your mouth.

"Eden Club."