11: L A S T _ C H A N C E [3/3]

He removed his hand soon after, with his LED blinking yellow for a moment, before looking at you.
"I've located Jericho."

"I can't believe it." A smug voice suddenly echoed from behind you. "You're siding with that ridiculous piece of plastic?"

"Gavin?! What are you doing here?" you turned around to face him and were shocked to see him pointing his gun at you and Connor

"You're off the case, (Y/N)... You have no business of being down here."
"Detective Reed, I know how to stop the deviants." Connor chimed in, trying to explain.
"Please, Gav. Just let us go." You asked softly.
He seemed hesitant, looking back and forth between you and your partner.
"Gavin, please..."

Reed paused, looking at you.

"... Oh for fuck's sake..." he eventually muttered, finally lowering his gun and putting it away. "Get the hell out of here, then."
"Thank you." A sense of relief overcame you.
"Yeah, whatever. Just... Get a fuckin' move on." Gavin mumbled. "And (Y/N)? You owe me."
"Fine... Thanks again!" You responded with a smile as you and Connor marched towards the exit.

The two of you quickly made your way to the main entrance of the building and came to a stop outside, on top of the stairs.

"(Y/N)... You should stay here."
"What? No, I want to go with you!" you insisted.
"Please... Stay here. It's far too dangerous."
"But... What if you don't make it...?" you hated the fact that even just from asking that question, you felt like you could cry already.
"I can't guarantee anything... But if I do make it, I'll be back sooner than you know."
"Alright... Promise?"
"I promise." He smiled at you softly.
"I'm glad..." You paused. "Look, I know we haven't known each other for very long, but... I gotta say... You're by far the coolest android I've ever met..." you smiled up at him gently. Of course, you didn't want to admit that what you felt for him was much more than just that...
"I appreciate it. It's been an honor working alongside you during this investigation. And if I may add, you are by far the kindest human I have encountered." Connor smiled back. "And that's not my program speaking."
Your smile turned into a bright grin and you could feel your cheeks heating up.
"Thank you, Connor... Just... Be careful, okay?"
"I will." He nodded slowly.
"And please... If  we are on the wrong side, like Hank suggested... I just hope you make the right choices..."