9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [2/5]

A/N: I'm sorry about the delay! Had a pretty busy week. Hope you enjoy this part, it's a bit longer than usual! :)

Please note: (...) means it's entirely up to you!

△▽▲▽△▽▲▽△▼△▽

It was almost noon when Hank finally arrived.
"Hey Hank." Chris greeted your partner as he entered the area.
"Hey Chris." He greeted while walking by.
"So, uh, hey... Have you heard what (Y/N) did?" he asked Anderson with a lowered voice, making him stop dead in his tracks, his eyebrows furrowed, looking at Chris.
"Uh, no? Something happen?" he glanced towards your desk. You were too busy doing desk work to notice him, and Connor had his attention directed towards the computer he was using.
"She, uh..." Chris lowered his voice almost to a whisper and leaned in slightly. "She slapped Gavin, like, pretty hard... Everyone heard it."
Hank let out a laugh. "Pff, guy had it coming for him!" he stated and proceeded to walk over to his desk without a second thought, leaving Chris behind.

"Oh, hey Hank!" you smiled up at him as he approached.
"Hello, Lieutenant." Connor greeted.
"Well, well... I heard what you did, kiddo." He sat down with a smirk.
"... Oh."
"Yeah, don't worry about it though. Bet that asshole had it coming for him. What'd he do this time?"
"Well... He pressured me to go out with him again, standing only inches away from me, so I couldn't move... which was already irritating enough... And when Connor came to interfere, Reed referred to me as a... damsel in distress..." you explained, still uncomfortable with the whole situation.
"Huh, damn... Maybe he'll finally stop getting on your nerves now. Sounds like he deserved it if you ask me..."
Hell yeah he did... I just hope I won't get in too much trouble for it."
"Ah, don't worry." Hank tried to reassure you. "You'll be fine, I know you."
"Thanks, Hank." You smiled at him, before turning your attention back to your desk work.
"So, Fowler didn't say anything?"
"No... At least not yet... I'm guessing he was too busy to notice."
"Right... Well, should he call for you, I'll be there if you need me, kid."
"I'd be glad to accompany you as well." Connor chimed in.
"Awe, guys... I really appreciate it." They managed to lift your mood in an instant, making you smile at both of them happily.

The three of you returned to work and kept yourselves busy like this for a while, until Hank began to speak.
"Hey, I'm gonna go grab some lunch. You want anything?"
"Hmm, just get me the sandwich I like."
"Sure thing." Hank got up and left, leaving you and Connor behind.
"So, what do you normally do during your lunch break?" Connor asked after a while.
"Oh, uh... Depends on my mood, and the weather. For example, I like to spend it at the nearby park sometimes."
Connor looked outside a window, his LED even flashing yellow for a moment.
"According to weather reports, it should stay sunny like this, at roughly forty-five degrees Fahrenheit all day. Does this mean you will go to the park today?"
"I mean, I wasn't planning on it... But why not I guess... D-did you want to tag along?" you could feel your cheeks warm up, just from asking that question.
"I haven't seen much of the area, so I wouldn't mind." He smiled politely.
"Awesome!" you responded, a wide grin forming on your face. "Let's just wait for Hank to get back with my sandwich, then we can go."
"Got it."
You had trouble keeping focused on your work, because of how much you were looking forward to your break. And finally, after almost an hour, Hank returned with your Sandwich and a box of donuts.
"Catch!"
You looked up at Hank and before you could react properly, he tossed the Sandwich your way.
Luckily, Connor managed to catch it, just before it hit your face, and handed it to you.
"Thanks, Connor..." He responded with a friendly nod. "Hank, maybe a better warning next time?" you chuckled at your partner.
"Not my fault you can't catch." The Lieutenant replied jokingly before stuffing his face with a donut and sitting down at his desk.
"... You call that lunch?" you sassed him.
"Shush, kid." Was his only response, his mouth full, powder collecting around his mouth and in his beard.
You let out a laugh before getting up from your chair. "Let's go, Connor."
Hank stopped chewing and looked forth and back between the both of you. "Uhh, where you goin'?"
"It's nice out, we're headed to the park."
"Oh, a'ight then... Long as you get that tin can outta my sight I'm good." He commented.
"Oh hush, gramps. You'll warm up to him eventually." You smirked at your partner.
"Whatever." He took another bite of his donut.
"I'm sorry if my presence makes you uncomfortable, Lieutenant." Connor chimed in, but Hank only gave him a look, without saying a word.
You sighed, knowing it's no use to start discussing. "Come on then, let's get outta here."
The android nodded, and the two of you made your way to the park.