8 : C O N F L I C T E D [2/3]

A/N: Sorry for the wait, guys! Hope you enjoy! I'll be uploading the next part very soon.

Important: (F/O/C) = Food of choice, (D/O/C) = Drink of choice

△▽▲▽△▽▲▽△▼△▽

After getting out of the shower and wrapping your hair and yourself in a towel, you hurried to the bedroom, wanting not to freeze too much. You picked something comfortable to wear from your dresser and put it on, removed the towel from your head and returned to the bathroom to blow-dry your hair, before taking a deep breath and making your way to the living room.
On your way there, you could hear an unfamiliar noise from the distance, making your brows furrow... Once entering the room, you found Connor sitting on the sofa, playing with a coin, and your dog lying beside him.

So that's what that noise was.

"Huh, nice tricks!" you smiled at the android, baffled by how human he actually seemed.

Why would an android be programmed to do coin tricks?

"Thanks." Connor smiled at you slightly, causing your heart to skip a beat.
"I took the liberty of feeding your dog. Is there anything else you might need help with?"
"Thank you, Connor." You took a moment to think. "Hmm... I'm pretty hungry to be honest..."
Without saying anything else, the android got up from the couch. "You should probably rest some more. I'll prepare something for you."
"Wait, wait... That's not what I meant... Are you even programmed to cook...?" you wondered. "I only need a little bit of help. Or I could also try and order something."
"Technically no, I wasn't programmed to perform such a task, but I can always download recipes and instructions." Connor informed you.
"Right, I see. That's pretty cool I guess."
"You can rest on the couch. Just let me take care of everything."
"That's very sweet of you. I appreciate it." You smiled at him.
"Is there anything in particular you'd like to eat?"
"Hmm... I don't want to put a strain on you or anything, I'm fine with (F/O/C)."
"Got it." Connor nodded, and paused. "You shouldn't have to worry about putting a strain on me, though. After all, I'm a machine, with near endless endurance."
"Oh. Yeah, of course." You chuckled weakly.
He nodded once more before moving to the kitchen.

After all, I'm a machine...

With the noises from the kitchen in the background, a barely audible sigh escaped from your lips as you opened the sliding door to the small yard to let out your dog, and turned on the TV. You left the door open as usual, while making yourself comfortable on the couch and covering yourself with a blanket, breathing in the crisp and moist air coming in from outside. It was another cold day and although it hasn't snowed or rained this morning, it was still quite wet out and a thin layer of melting snow was covering everything in your sight.

After all, I'm a machine...

The phrase kept repeating itself inside your head, over and over.
You switched through some channels before settling on a random show, since there was nothing better running at the moment. Meanwhile, your dog made itself comfortable right next to you, snuggling up against you. Occasionally, you would glance to your phone to see if you had gotten any texts, mostly hoping to hear from Hank and silently hoping he was okay after all that happened yesterday.
After finding yourself becoming increasingly anxious, you finally decided to just try and give him a call...
But, to no surprise, he didn't pick up, and you put the phone back down with a sigh.

Not much later, Connor entered the room with a plate full of (F/O/C) in one hand and a glass of (D/O/C) in the other. The android noticed the look of excitement on your face. He smiled at you and his expression caught your attention, making you look at him instead of the food.
His smile looked unusually... genuine. And it caught you off guard.
You had trouble taking your eyes off his face while trying to sort your thoughts and calming down your now fast beating heart. You almost felt like forgetting about the food all together when you snapped out of it, as he set everything down on the coffee table. You blinked a few times while staring at the plate in front of you and Connor sat down next to you.

"W-wow Connor, that looks great! Thank you!" yous miled brightly while quickly grabbing the cutlery in anticipation. The first bite you took was a careful and small one though, unsure of what to expect, since he wasn't originally programmed to cook.
Your eyes widened in surprise and you let out a pleased hum. It turned out great, and you proceeded to dig right in.
"You're welcome. I made sure to prepare just the right amount, according to the recommended calorie intake, adjusted to your height and stature."
"Neat...?" you responded with your mouth half full, raising an eyebrow only slightly, not sure how to receive what he said. "It tastes amazing."
"I'm glad to hear that."