4 : R E S T I N G [1/4]

You were extremely relieved to get home after such an eventful and exhausting day. You had trouble wrapping your mind around everything that happened. You entered your house, taking in the familiar smell, and your senior dog walked towards you, greeting you happily.

Home.

You gave it a pet and made your way to the bedroom, throwing off your shoes and letting your jacket drop to the floor. You changed into something more comfortable and opened the sliding door in the living room, leading to your small backyard, so your dog could relieve itself. Meanwhile, you let yourself drop on the sofa, turning on the TV.

It was supposed to serve as a distraction, but your mind kept going back to everything that happened today...

I could've died. Like, twice. In one day. Jesus Christ... Was I too reckless?

You tried to snap out of it and sighed, turning your attention back to the TV while petting your dog that has climbed up to lay down next to you.

No... I'm a cop. It's part of the job, right? I've dealt with some crazy shit before...
You tried to convince yourself.

You left the door open just a little, to let in some fresh air, and to listen to the rain. While it had stopped earlier that day, it didn't take long for it to come back, and has mixed with snow now. It was dark out and you grabbed a blanket when you felt the cold breeze from outside crawl towards you.

You sat there watching TV for a while, or at least tried. You couldn't stop thinking of today.
And that strange android, Connor...

You let out another sigh, but shook your head afterwards.

Jesus, get yourself together, (Y/N) ... He's just an android...   You thought to yourself.

... A strangely intriguing android...