11: L A S T _ C H A N C E [2/3]

You barely made it to the door and were just about to open it, when someone else entered the hallway...

"Hey! (Y/N)!"

Gavin...

"What are you doing?" he inquired, visibly confused.
"Oh, uh... I'm just gonna help Connor register his evidence before he goes back to CyberLife."
"Oh, he's leaving? Good..."
You desperately wanted to roll your eyes at his statement, but had to keep as calm as possible as to not raise any suspicion.
"Look, uh..." Reed began. "I can't believe I'm doing this, but... I wanted to... apologize for the thing in the break room. I was having a really shitty day, and... yeah... I- I'm sorry."
"I appreciate the apology, Gavin." You forced a smile and turned towards the door leading down to the evidence room, grabbing the handle.
"Wait! Uhm..."
"What is it?"
"Uh... So, I'd like to ask you, just one last time. No pressure whatsoever. So... Would you like to go out sometime? Like, for a coffee or something? If not, I'll leave you alone for good. That's a promise."
Your mind was screaming no, but you knew you had to keep a low profile.
"I... I'll think about it. Alright?"
Gavin smiled. "Sure. No problem... So, uh, see you around. Hopefully without that tin can." He winked at you jokingly before finally leaving. As soon as the door shut behind him, you turned back to the entrance and stepped through.
"Ugh..." you commented with a foul look on your face. "That was... horrific..."
"Are you actually considering saying yes?" Connor asked as you descended the stairway leading to the evidence room.
"Hell no..."
You held up the key card to the panel on the glass doors separating you from the room and stepped through quickly, with Connor accessing the big login panel in front of you. He placed his hand on top of it, revealing the structure underneath his skin to access it.
"You don't happen to know Hank's password, do you?"
A cheeky grin spread across your face. "I do, actually..."
"Well...?"
"It's... fuckingpassword." You couldn't help but chuckle.
Connor smiled in response as he typed it in. "Why am I not surprised?"

Upon entering, the big empty wall in front of you switched to reveal all the evidence collected over the course of the entire investigation. Your eyes immediately met with the destroyed androids put ondisplay, hanging from hooks, causing your jaw to drop slightly.
"Wow... That's kinda... depressing..." You went up to one of the androids, with Connor positioning himself right next to you.
"Who is that?" you asked, pointing at the blond PL600 model in front of you. "It looks just like the one from the rooftop..."
"It's the android from the hostage situation I dealt with a few months ago."
"Oh... I see... And this must be Ortiz' android..." you furrowed your brows. "Why... Why is its... forehead... caved in like that?"
"It ended up self-destructing from too much stress."
"That sucks..." You paused. "And what about this one?" you asked, pointing at another dark-skinned android all the way to the right.
"I ended up going back to Stratford tower. As it turned out, one of the station's androids was a deviant. It was killed when it tried to flee."
"Oh... I had no idea... How come you didn't tell me?"
"I didn't want to put a strain on you after what happened on the rooftop. I hope you understand." Connor explained.
"Right... It's fine..." you nodded slowly.
"So, what now?" you wondered, looking at the numerous items situated in the shelving unit in front of you.
"I'm going to analyze clues to try and uncover the exact location of Jericho."
"Jericho?" you furrowed your brows curiously. "What's that?"
"Throughout the mission I was able to gather information on a location that serves as a safe haven for deviants. I'm hoping to find their leader to put a stop to all this." Connor explained, all the while looking at the evidence. "We need to hurry." He added. "There's not much time."

"Of course. Let me know if you need any help." You smiled up at him and he nodded in response, before grabbing a tablet with a recording of Carlos Ortiz' android, and proceeded to press play.

"The truth is inside..."

You raised your eyebrows. "The hell's that supposed to mean?"
Looking at Connor, he seemed to be deep in thought, since his LED was blinking rapidly.
"I do have a hunch." He responded promptly. He looked at a small, strange-looking statuette on the shelf, and proceeded to grab it. He observed it for a moment and brought it up to his ear, shaking it.
"Oh! It's hollow!" you gasped.
"Indeed." And with that, he smashed it against the shelf, breaking it. Upon looking inside, there was a small piece of folded up paper. Connor quickly but carefully unfolded it, revealing a small map, showing the area of Ferndale.
"Is that where Jericho is?" you questioned.
"Yes, somewhere in that neighborhood..." he explained. "I should be able to scan the android's memories to narrow the search."
"Cool, let me know if you need me."
"Of course." Connor nodded before walking up to the android from the broadcast station and scanning it.
"A biocomponent necessary for re-activation is not functioning. I need a replacement." He explained, and quickly walked over to Ortiz' android to scan it.
"This one doesn't have the required part..." he mumbled. "Perhaps the PL600 does." He marched over to it. You looked on in curiosity as he analyzed it.
"Got it." Connor exclaimed. He quickly removed the part and returned to the station's android to insert it.
A barely audible whirring noise came from the android as it re-activated, before  it slowly opened its eyes.
You were taken aback slightly by the fact that they were almost entirely black, with only two slightly glowing blue orbs, no pupils, indicating that he could not see.
"It's dark..." he began. "Where... Where am I?"
"I reactivated you so you could help me." Connor explained. "I must find Jericho."
"I don't... recognize your voice..." the android answered, his brows furrowed ever so slightly. "You're not one of us!" he exclaimed. "I'll never tell you where Jericho is! Now leave me alone!"
Connor looked at him and paused for a moment, before grabbing his arm to scan his memories.
Again you looked on in fascination as the artificial skin on Connor's arm disappeared. He removed his hand soon after, with his LED blinking yellow for a moment. He then turned to look at you.

"I've located Jericho."