10 : K A M S K I [3/3]

Kamski smiled, letting out a tiny chuckle. "Well, that's what you're programmed to say... But you..." he stepped closer to the android, and you could immediately feel the atmosphere become a lot more tense.

"What do you really want?"

"What I want... is... not important." Connor responded.

"... Chloe?" Kamski turned around, calling the female android, and she walked over quietly.
"I'm sure you're familiar with the Turing test." Elijah began. "Mere formality. Simple question of algorithms and computing capacity." He explained while grabbing Chloe by the shoulders to position her directly in front of Connor. "What interests me, is whether machines are capable of empathy. I call it 'the Kamski test'. It's very simple, you'll see..." He turned to look at Chloe. "Magnificent, isn't it? One of the first intelligent models developed by CyberLife." He stroked her cheek gently, turning her head towards him. "Young, and beautiful forever. A flower that will never wither." Kamski looked back at you. "But what is it really?" he asked. "Piece of plastic imitating a human? Or a living being..." He turned around and opened the drawer of a side table standing right behind him, to grab something lying inside. "...with a soul." Your eyes widened as soon as you saw what he was holding; a gun... He raised his arms to signal he wasn't going to use it, before placing a hand on the female android's shoulder next to him, making her go down on her knees. "It's up to you to answer that fascinating question, Connor." Kamski said while walking over to him once more and handing him the weapon. He took his hand to lead it, extending his arm, making him aim at the android kneeling before him. "Destroy this machine and I'll tell you all I know." Kamski explained. "Or spare it, if you feel it's alive... But you'll leave here without having learnt anything from me."

Your concern grew as you noticed Connor's LED rapidly blinking yellow, and you exchanged looks with Hank.

"Okay, I think we're done here." The Lieutenant declared. "Come on, Connor. Let's go. Sorry to get you out of your pool."
But Kamski completely ignored Anderson and continued. "What's more important to you, Connor?" He questioned him. "Your investigation, or the life of this android?" He looked him directly in the eyes.
"Decide who you are... An obedient machine... Or a living being... endowed with free will..."
"That's enough!" Hank exclaimed. "Connor, (Y/N), we're leaving."
"Pull the trigger..." Kamski leaned towards Connor, his voice lowered.
"Please don't..." you said quietly.
"...and I'll tell you what you wanna know."
You gulped nervously and in anticipation, clenching your fists, hoping to whatever holy being that he would not shoot.