13 : S O _ C L O S E [1/5]

"(Y/N)?"

                                      "(Y/N)!"

          "(Y/N), wake up!"

"Please... Wake up..."

You found yourself surrounded by darkness. The voices you heard sounded distant and muffled at first, but they became louder and clearer as they kept calling your name.
Confused and completely oblivious to what was happening at that moment, you wondered who it could be...

"She's coming to, Lieutenant!"

"Oh thank goodness."
"(Y/N), can you hear us?"

"Come on, wake up!"

Finally, you slowly opened your eyes, squinting, trying to adjust to your surroundings.
"Wh... What's going on?" you grumbled groggily, your speech still a bit slurred and your head pounding. For a moment you thought you had too much to drink at the bar with Hank or something, unable to remember anything at that point. You blinked a few times and thankfully, your vision became clearer, finally able to recognize the two familiar faces in front of you, and the room you were in, dimly lit by an old bedside lamp.
"C- Connor? Hank? What's..."
"You really gave us a scare there kid, almost freezing to death and shit..." Hank blurted out.
Your eyes widened. Suddenly, everything came back to you.
"Connor, oh my god!" you uttered, wanting to sit up, but failing. You looked down and realized you were covered in heaps of blankets, both Sumo and your dog curled up next to each other at the foot of Hank's bed, peeking up at you.
"Don't worry, everything's alright, (Y/N)." Connor said softly. He had long removed his disguise and the suit he wore underneath to let them dry, leaving him in a white t-shirt and jeans he borrowed from Hank. He had removed his beanie at some point as well, his usually perfect hair now a little messy.
"What's going on? How'd I end up here?" you asked, looking at the android that was kneeling by the bed, facing you, before furrowing your brows as you glanced over to Anderson. "And... Where the hell is your shirt, Hank?" you questioned the Lieutenant. He was sitting on the edge of the bed in shorts and a white undershirt, covered in sweat marks.
"It's fuckin' hot in here, what do you expect?" he let out a chuckle. "Had to turn up the heat all the way to try and get you to warm up."
"Oh... Damn..." you responded weakly. "I almost don't wanna ask... But what exactly happened to me?"
"You suffered a cold shock from being submerged in cold water and almost drowned, followed by a moderate, close to severe case of Hypothermia." Connor explained.
"We would've gotten you to a hospital, but... with your involvement- well, I guess our involvement in this fucked up revolution, we couldn't risk anything..." Hank commented. "Connor almost kicked down my damn door when he got here..."
"And I would have, had you not opened it soon enough." The android said rather jokingly, which took you by surprise. "Time was running out, and your place was a little closer." He added sternly.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. It's fine." Anderson grumbled. "Oh, and they declared a curfew by the way." He mentioned.
"A curfew??" you repeated.
"Yup... Army's patrolling the streets like fuck-all, looking for androids and sending people home. They even shut down communication, so no calls and stuff..."
You gasped. "My phone! M- my mom! I can't even call her??"
"Unfortunately not..." Connor confirmed.
"Oh no... She must be worried sick..." your heart dropped.
"That's not even all... They're asking for everyone to hand over their androids, to put them in recall centers..."
"Holy crap... I... I don't know what to say... What about Markus, and those other guys?"
"They found a place to hide out, for the time being. Markus asked me to come see him there soon." the android responded.
"Oh... What time is it anyway?" you glanced to the window and noticed that it was barely bright out.
"Almost 7:30. You've been out all night... Connor watched over you most of the time. Figured you might need some time to recover, so I picked up your dog and some of your stuff." He gestured towards a plain plastic bag somewhere on the floor, filled with what you assumed to be various toiletry and whatever clothing he found lying around. "... Well, then I ended up passing out at some point." Anderson admitted.