13 : S O _ C L O S E [2/5]

Picture edited by me (Photoshop)

(F/O/C) = Food of choice

Hope you enjoy! 😊❤️

△▽▲▽△▽▲▽△▼△▽

"On the other hand..." Connor continued. "It's sort of overwhelming... So new and different. I suddenly feel so many things at once, I don't even know if or how I'll be able to handle it all..."
"I can only imagine..." you responded softly and grabbed his hand, holding it gently. "Just know that I'll be here for you, through all of it... Hank probably too... And should he ever complain even for one second, I'll kick his grumpy ass." You grinned.
"Thank you, (Y/N)..." The android smiled back at you gently, lightly squeezing your hand and stroking it with his finger, having your heart skip what felt like a million beats.

The ensuing silence was a very comfortable one, simply looking at each other, still smiling. Although soon enough, your expressions faded. But for some reason, you didn't take your eyes off each other just yet...
Suddenly, it felt like everything was slowing down, losing focus of all things around you, except Connor... It was only you and him now.
Yet again, you could feel your face heating up, all the way up to and including your ears, your heart-rate drastically increasing, and gulped nervously as Connor kept looking at you rather intently, running his eyes up and down your features, still holding onto your hand. You were convinced he was scanning you, and the fact that the LED on his temple began blinking arrhythmically only seemed to confirm this. You weren't sure what he was scanning you for- But you didn't care, since all you could feel at that moment was the ardent longing within you grow to immeasurable volumes...

... Fuck it.

Without further hesitation, you started moving closer to him, slowly, thinking you might as well not make it through this revolution, so what's there to lose?? You just didn't care anymore.
You could feel your heart pounding in your throat and your mind was running absolutely wild; even more so when to your surprise, Connor inched closer as well. His LED now turned yellow, blinking like crazy. You couldn't believe what was happening and even felt slightly dizzy from the overwhelming amount of emotions rushing over you as both of you proceeded to close your eyes.
You could barely feel his artificial breath on your lips, when all of a sudden, the languorous moment was unfortunately interrupted by the audible rumbling of your stomach...

You shot back and could feel a strong blush spread across your entire face in embarrassment, and opened your mouth, holding back curse words, ready to stammer some sort of apology.
"A- are you hungry...?" Connor perked up before you could say anything, asking almost instantly. You could easily tell how hard he had to try concealing the fact that he was agitated, his LED still a steady yellow. He had a look on his face and a sparkle in his eyes that spoke more than a thousand words. You could even swear the shade of his cheeks transitioned to something slightly more rosy, if that was even possible...
"Uh, I guess so... W- why?" you eventually responded after a short pause of trying to pull yourself together.
"I actually made you some (F/O/C)." He told you rather happily, getting up from his kneeling position. "I hope you don't mind. You seemed to enjoy it the last time. Should I bring it?"
You looked at him for a second before letting out a heartfelt giggle.
"What is it?" Connor tilted his head.
"Oh, nothing much." You grinned brightly at the confused android. "You just... Well..." you paused, avoiding his gaze. "It's just really... sweet, actually." You admitted.  "Seeingyou all flustered, so full of emotions..." you looked away shily. "I'm just... really happy..."
"I'm glad to hear that." The android responded with a smile. "Let me just heat it up for you." His LED still hasn't returned to its standard blue hue as he went to leave the room, turning down the heat on his way out.

"Connor...?"
"Yes?" He stopped dead in his tracks, turning back towards you right away, an anticipatory expression on his face.
"So... Why did you give me the location, anyways?" you questioned.
"I... I'm not sure..." Connor looked down. "Although, I wonder..." he added more quietly, furrowing his brows slightly.
"Yeah...?"
"Well... Perhaps...a hidden part of me wanted you to come after me, or something like that..." he barely looked up at you, his eyebrows lightly pulled together in nervousness.
"Y- you think so?" Of course, he expressed exactly what was on your mind.

He responded with a gentle nod, and just looked after him dumbfounded as he promptly walked off without another word, leaving the door open. Just before he disappeared out of view, you noticed he was in fact bare-feet, the rather baggy jeans reaching all the way down and dragging along the floor, completely covering his heels.

Putting a hand to your still pounding chest and taking a deep breath, trying to calm down, you were still in disbelief of what just happened...