3 : T H E _ N E S T [2/4]

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" the android asked, looking at you. You were about to say something, when Hank cut you off. "Hell no... Well, yeah, uhm... Why did they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?" You shook your head. Hank may describe it as such, but you thought he was rather handsome, and his voice somewhat soothing. Connor didn't hesitate to respond. "CyberLife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and voice were specifically designed to facilitate my integration."
Hank nodded. "Well, they fucked up." He scoffed, and you snorted with laughter, almost choking on your soda. "Hank! Jesus Christ." "What? It's true." He chuckled and took a sip of his drink. "Well I beg to differ." You retorted. "Pff, weirdo." Hank grumbled teasingly.

Connor then turned to you. "If I may ask... This morning, when we were chasing that deviant, why did you cross the highway?" You were taken aback by his question and blinked, trying to think of an answer. "Because again; That child could've been killed. I just didn't want that to happen."
Hank looked at the two of you, continuing to eat his burger. You half expected him to lecture you again, but he instead asked Connor a question. "You ever dealt with deviants before?"
"A few months back... A deviant was threatening to jump off the roof with a little girl. I managed to save her."

"Wait..." you squinted. "August... Was it, uhm... the 15th?"
"Yes."
"A rooftop penthouse downtown?"
"Correct."
"Damn... Do you remember a Police Officer by any chance? Antony Deckart?"
"Yes... He was the first responder. Did you know him?"
"I guess you could say so... He was a colleague from the precinct I was stationed at before... We got along pretty well..." you hung your head low.
"I see. I'm sorry to hear."
"It's okay..." you mumbled and Hank proceeded to give you a pat on the back. "So, I guess you've done all your homework, right? Know everything there is to know about us?" he questioned Connor.

"I know both of you graduated top of your classes. You made a name for yourselves in several cases, individually, before you became a team, and together... You became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit, and you the youngest detective." he looked at Hank. "I also know you've received several disciplinary warnings in recent years and you spend a lot of time in bars." Hank looked at you slightly impressed before turning back to the android.
"So, what's your conclusion?" he asked.
"I think working with an officer with personal issues is an added challenge." He turned to look at you.
"... But adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features." Connor told you, and... winked? You felt your face heat up immediately and just looked at him speechlessly, when suddenly his LED began blinking yellow. "I just got a report of a suspected deviant." He informed you. "It's a few blocks away. We should go have a look." The android suggested, glancing at you. "I'll let you finish your meals. I'll be in the car if you need me."