2 : C H A S E [4/4]

The deviant was already halfway to the other side, while you tried your hardest at getting across without getting hit by anything. It was a close call with every lane and your heart was racing faster than ever.

As you reached the section in the middle, you yelled after the android, as they were climbing over the railing. "Please, stop! Don't do this, you're gonna get that child killed, god damn it!" They didn't even turn to look at you, and they began crossing the other half of the highway, dodging the oncoming vehicles.

You were about to do the same, when you heard a voice calling for you from behind.

"(Y/N)!"

It was Connor, who was about to reach the last lane. You hesitated for only a moment, before beginning to cross the other side of the highway.

Connor reached the middle, and looked back and forth between you and the deviant, his LED still yellow.

Just as you made your way across the first lane, you felt a sudden firm grip around your arm.

You gasped and looked behind you to see Connor, his LED blinking red for a moment, before turning back to yellow

You gasped and looked behind you to see Connor, his LED blinking red for a moment, before turning back to yellow. "Let me go, damn it!" you demanded. "No, Detective. It's far too dangerous for a human!"

"Please, Connor, the child-" you turned towards them, but to your surprise, they already got to the other side. "Fuck me!"

You tried to escape Connors grip, but he held on too tight. He turned you back towards him, grabbing your other arm, holding you close to prevent you from getting hit by any of the vehicles passing by from both sides.

"Come on, (Y/N), we need to head back!"
You looked up at him and paused. "... Shit, fine then...!" you sighed in frustration, glancing back at the deviant one last time, which was almost out of sight now.
Your heart was still going wild, and you started to notice that you were shaking from all the adrenaline rushing through your body.

"Let's go." Connor said calmly, and started to guide you towards the other side, still holding onto one of your arms, his other hand now resting on your back for support.

With his superior skills, getting back was easy. You looked up at Hank who was still waiting on the other side of the fence, his arms crossed and a disappointed look riddling his face, making your heart sink in an instant.
As you were starting to come down from your adrenaline rush, you only then realized you were full of mud, and soaking wet from the rain.

Well now I just feel like crap...