4 : R E S T I N G [2/4]

Connor opened his eyes to find himself inside the Zen Garden, with rain falling from the sky and an umbrella in his hand

Connor opened his eyes to find himself inside the Zen Garden, with rain falling from the sky and an umbrella in his hand. He proceeded to make his way over to Amanda.

"Hello, Amanda."
"Connor. I've been expecting you. Would you mind a little walk?"

He opened his umbrella and they took a stroll through the beautiful garden.

"That deviant seemed to be an intriguing case." The woman began. "A pity you didn't manage to capture it..." She turned to Connor with a serious look on her face and he paused, before responding. "Deviants are completely irrational, which makes it difficult to anticipate their behavior... But, I should have been more effective."
"Did you manage to learn anything?" Amanda asked him.
"The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths and other symbols. Like the other deviants, it seemed obsessed with rA9."
"You came very close to capturing that deviant." She paused for a moment. "How is your relationship with the Detective and the Lieutenant developing?"
"Detective (Y/N) was grateful that I saved her life on the roof. She thanked me... The Lieutenant didn't say anything, but he expressed his gratitude in his own way..."

They were about to cross a small bridge, when Amanda stopped. "We don't have much time... Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of time before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes."

"I will solve this investigation, Amanda. I won't disappoint you." Connor replied, determined.

"... A new case just came in. Find Anderson and (L/N) and investigate it."
The woman walked off, leaving Connor behind.