8 : C O N F L I C T E D [1/3]

"(Y/N)?"

"(Y/N)?"

You awoke with a jump. It was bright out and rays of sunlight were peeking through the curtains. You looked around frantically, trying to adjust to the brightness.

Yet again, a familiar figure was standing in the doorway...

"Jesus Christ Connor, again? You almost gave me a heart attack!" you exclaimed tiredly, putting your hand on your chest.

"My apologies. The Lieutenant has asked me to check up on you. You didn't answer the door, and it was unlocked. I thought something might have happened, due to the concussion." He glanced at the digital alarm clock standing on your bedside table. "You've slept in quite late."
You sleepily grabbed it to take a look. "Damn..."
"How are you feeling?"
"Well, besides being groggy as hell because of how much I slept and how I got woken up, I'm alright." You smiled at him cheekily. "Still got a slight headache though..."
"It's good to hear you are feeling better. Is there anything you need help with?"
"Not that I can think of... I'm gonna go take a shower if you don't mind." You removed the covers and sat up. Just as you were about to get up, Connor walked towards you, reaching out his hand.
Taken aback slightly, you looked at it, and then at him, blinking a few times. "Oh, uh... thanks." You smiled softly and grabbed his hand. It was... warm... Like a human's.... His artificial skin felt incredibly soft, unlike any human's hand you've ever touched. You felt your heartbeat increase as he helped you up.

You were about to start walking when you felt a sudden dizziness enter your head, causing you to falter. "Woah..." You muttered, trying to regain your balance.
Quickly, Connor grabbed a hold of you to keep you from falling, and helped you sit back down on your bed.
"(Y/N), are you alright?"
"Yeah I... I got really dizzy just there... I should've gotten up more slowly..."
Connor looked at you closely. "I detect that you are dehydrated. You should drink something."
"Oh... Right..." You realized yesterday was so eventful, the last time you drank anything was some of the tea Connor has made you last night.
He quickly went to your kitchen, and returned with a full glass of water, holding it out to you.
"Why thank you." You gladly took it and emptied the glass in one go. "Phew... I really needed that..."

You took a deep breath before slowly getting up. In an instant, Connor was by your side, supporting you. "I appreciate it." You looked up at him, smiling softly.
"You're welcome." The android nodded. "Are you feeling alright?"
"Yeah, I don't think I'm getting dizzy again."

You started walking to the bathroom when you heard Connor from behind. "Will you be okay on your own?"
You turned around and chuckled. "Sure, Connor... The last thing I need is an android watching me shower." You told him jokingly.
"Of course. I'll be waiting in the living room."
"Oh, alright..." Although you were starting to enjoy his company, you thought he was about to leave. "Y- you don't have to stay, you know..."
"I'm sorry, I just wanted to ensure your well-being. I would suggest that I help you out throughout the day so you can continue to rest. Seeing as tomorrow is a Monday, I'm assuming you'd prefer to go back to work, is that correct?"
"Y- yeah..."
"I don't mean to pressure you of course, I will leave if you really want me to."
You paused for a moment. "... No... You can stay..." You felt your cheeks warm up slightly.
Connor nodded in response and left to go to the living room, and you shut the bathroom door behind yourself.
As you heard his footsteps become distant, you let the silence surround you and gulped.

I feel so weird...
An android... at my house, all day...? Especially Connor...

You realized that just the mere thought of him made your heart beat faster...

Oh man, this can't be happening... I've only known him for a little over a day... And he's a goddamn android for Christ's sake... What is wrong with me?

You let out a sigh and proceeded to turn on the water. You got undressed and climbed in the shower, letting the comfortably warm water run down your skin, breathing in the steam that began to envelop you.
You expected this hot shower to relax you, but instead thoughts kept running through your head.

I don't know what to do... Should I just let it go and... let myself fall for him?
... But what will that get me?
He's an android... I do like androids, and Connor... He's... different.
But still, he's a machine... He would never like me back, would he?

What do I do?