10 : K A M S K I [1/3]

Your alarm went off, the obnoxious ringing waking you up in an instant

Your alarm went off, the obnoxious ringing waking you up in an instant. You turned around groggily and turned it off, before reluctantly sitting up with a yawn and checking your phone.

Oh, mom texted me?

>> What's going on over there? Hope you're okay. Call me when you can.

You furrowed your brows in confusion, wondering what she could mean by that, and proceeded to dial her number.

"Hey mom."
["Hey, Sweetie. Good morning! How are you? Is everything okay?"]
"I'm doing good, everything's fine. I just woke up... Why do you ask?"
["Because of what happened in Detroit last night. Have you not heard? ... Look at the news."]
"I was probably sleeping... Hold on..." You got up to grab your tablet that was lying on the desk in your bedroom to check the news.

"At 2 AM several CyberLife stores in Detroit were raided."

"Different locations were hit in a coordinated attack ..."

"Most shops were covered with graffiti demanding equal rights for androids..."

"Pro-android graffiti was found in the neighborhoods of CyberLife's stores..."

"Two policemen were found in a state of shock near one of the CyberLife stores..."

"It has been confirmed that the attackers were a group of androids..."

"Holy crap..." You muttered.
["Exactly. It's all over the news... So how's work?"]
"It's alright. Been dealing with some interesting cases, but I'll tell you more about that when I have the time."
["... You should come visit sometime."]
"I will, soon. Promise. Hopefully before Christmas."
["That would be wonderful. You should bring Hank again!"]
"Sure thing. ... Oh, by the way, I got a new partner."
["Oh? Well, what about Hank?"]
"He's still my partner, mom. We've got an additional one."
["That's interesting. Who is it?"]
"It's... It's an android, actually."
["What? Really? Wow!"]
"Yeah, his name is Connor. He's a prototype that helps with... certain... difficult cases."
["Oh? What kind of cases?"]
"Well, uh... Cases involving androids, actually. Deviants, to be exact."
["I see... You be careful on your investigations, then! And he can come along to visit, if he wants to!"]
You let out a small chuckle. "We'll see."
["So, do you get along?"]
"Oh, uh, yeah... He's pretty cool..."
["That's great. I'm happy for you, sweetie."]
"Thanks, mom. ... I should probably get going. Gotta get ready for work."
["Oh, of course! Sorry for keeping you back. Love you!"]
"Love you too. Bye, mom."
["Bye, honey! Take care!"]
You hung up with a smile and made your way to the bathroom to get ready.