1 : F A S C I N A T I O N [1/3]

It was a relatively normal morning at the DPD for a detective like you, sitting by the computer at your desk

It was a relatively normal morning at the DPD for a detective like you, sitting by the computer at your desk. Directly across would be your partner's, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, who hadn't come in yet. Although this wasn't an uncommon occurrence because of more than just a single reason - one of which being a drinking habit - it slightly bothered you nonetheless. Especially since your work began piling up, due to a recent rise in cases involving androids...

Even though neither you or your family back home ever had any of their own, they had always interested if not fascinated you, ever since they were invented. You were still sometimes astonished by your day's technological advances, and the recent turn of events did concern you to some extent.
You just finished doing some of the work on your computer and leaned back in your desk chair with a groan. You closed your eyes and rubbed them, trying to relax a bit, after having looked at the screen for hours straight.

The number of android case files had you stressed out and wondering what it was all about. What used to be the occasional lost or missing android, has turned into assaults and murders, the androids being the perpetrators, with humans as their victims. It was nuts.
You eventually began daydreaming which admittedly, you did more often than you probably should... You quickly snapped out of it though; from the sound of your co-worker Chris, a young officer, dropping a few files on your desk, making you jump ever so slightly.
"All in a day's work, huh, Detective?" he smiled at you. "You alright, (Y/N)?"
"Yeah... I'm okay, I guess..."
"You guess?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Well... I've just been thinking a lot about the whole deviancy thing, you know...?"
"Right, I get you... It just keeps increasing, man... Kind of scary if you ask me." he shook his head. "So hey, have you heard about the deviant android in one of our holding cells? It got interviewed by Hank and some weird android-detective, just last night. I was there, actually. The android got the deviant to confess, it was intense..."

You looked up at him, curiosity filling your (E/C) eyes. Hank would occasionally be assigned to cases without you, and since you haven't seen him in a while, you didn't know all of it.
"The one that killed its owner after being abused or something? Yeah, I've read the file and heard others talking about it... But... android-detective? Really? Sounds kinda... I don't know, odd...?" you wondered, brows furrowing.
"I know, right?" Chris chuckled "Anyways, you should probably get back to work, (Y/N). So I'll leave you to it. I'll see you around!" And with that, he walked off. You let out a sigh, before grabbing the first file and looking into it.

Oh, look, another deviancy case...

You weren't all that big on desk work and much preferred being out and about, hunting down all sorts of criminals, arresting them, interrogating them, solving difficult cases, the whole package. And you were good at it. In fact, you graduated top of your class back at the academy, something you had in common with your slightly older partner. While he was one of the youngest Lieutenants, you ended up being one of the youngest detectives.
He was anything but thrilled when you were transferred to this department and became his partner, roughly three years ago. He was an absolute mess when you first met him, as he had experienced something incredibly traumatic that was still very recent at that time.
Although your transfer was said to be because they "Could use a good detective", you suspected it was more because they were hoping that having a permanent partner would help him recover better.
You tried your best to get along with him despite his rather crude nature and tried to not let it get to you. Luckily, his demeanor towards you changed over time, and you grew closer. Not just as partners, but friends as well. You ended up becoming a pretty good team and made a name for yourselves in a few cases.
With your friendship flourishing, Hank grew rather protective of you and you learned to understand his behavior more and more, as he slowly but surely began opening up about his sorrowful past and offered to be there for him, should he ever need a shoulder to cry on.

Just a few minutes passed before out of the corner of your eye, you could tell someone was approaching. Someone you've never seen before. You tried to ignore whoever it was and hoped they would find their way, since you really weren't in the mood, being up to your neck in all sorts of case files. But this person stopped right next to your desk, forcing you to look up. You tried putting on your best fake smile, which quickly faded...

Woah...

That was the only reaction you could muster inside your head in that moment. Against your expectations, it wasn't a person at all, but in fact an android; an unfamiliar model that you've never seen before...
You may always have been rather fascinated by androids, but this one... You couldn't quite put your finger on it... It, or he, was... different? It left you speechless for a moment.

Perfectly combed, dark brown hair, with just a small streak softly hanging over the left side of his forehead, and chocolate brown eyes. Dressed in grayish-blue jeans, a white shirt accommodated by a black tie, and a grey suit jacket with blue accents that read... RK800. His tall figure stood over you, looking directly at you. You were caught off guard, to say the least...

As you were silently marveling at his beauty, his somewhat raspy voice cut through the momentary silence surrounding the both of you.

"Hi, my name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife. You must be Lieutenant Anderson's partner. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Detective (L/N), correct?" he tilted his head.