2 : C H A S E [3/4]

You carefully entered the house and shut the door behind you.

The male deviant glanced at you for a moment before looking away again, without saying a word, just standing there motionlessly. He seemed very on edge... As you observed him, you took notice of his twitching facial features, and immediately spotted a huge wound on the left side of his face. "Oh damn, what do you think happened to him?" you whispered to Connor. He scanned the android and responded soon after. "It appears to be a burn mark..."
"Wow, poor guy..." you commented quietly.

"Don't be afraid of us." You addressed the deviant with a soft voice. "We're not here hurt you, I promise." You tried assuring him, cautiously moving a little closer. Still, he didn't respond, completely ignoring you, his LED now red, flashing rapidly.
"We're looking for an AX400." Connor mentioned. "Have you seen it?"
"Ralph's seen nobody..." the strange deviant responded after a short pause.
"Are there really no other androids here, Ralph?" you asked him.
"Other androids?" he repeated and paused. " ... No ... Ralph is alone..."
"There's blue blood on the fence." Connor informed him. "We know another android was here."
"Ralph scratched himself coming through..." he explained. "That's Ralph's blood..."

Connor walked up behind you to whisper something in your ear. "(Y/N), the deviant's stress levels are elevated... They seem to be fluctuating... We've got to be careful, we're definitely onto something..." You felt the hair on your neck stand up as you nodded slightly in response. Hearing his low voice so close to your ear made a shiver run down your spine, and your face began heating up. You turned around slowly. "So... there has to be a source to the stress that we need to find..." you said quietly. "That is correct." he replied, and began walking around, with you following.

There were a few things around the room that you noticed. For example, there was a lit fireplace...

Huh..? Androids don't need heat...

Right next to it stood a table, set for... three?

Not far away was a wire cutter, and also a makeshift bed in front of the fireplace.

Uh... they don't sleep either...

"Connor, look at all this... It must be here..." you whispered.
"I know..." he replied. "and it's probably not alone..."

You decided to make your way over to the staircase leading up, while Connor kept scanning the area, keeping the deviant in his sights at all times, watching for his stress levels.
You noticed a space under the stairs, and as you slowly made your way towards it wanting to take a look, Connor noticed the deviant's stress levels rising drastically in all of a sudden.

"(Y/N)!" He called out to you, but it was too late.

Out of nowhere, a female deviant and a young child darted out from beneath the stairs, pushing you to the ground with force, leaving you no time to react. At the same time you faintly heard Hank call from outside. "What the hell are you doing in there?"
The other deviant grabbed Connor from behind, trying to hold him back. "RUN! QUICK, KARA!" he yelled after the deviant and the child as they rushed inside the kitchen to escape through the back.
Just as you were trying to get up, the deviant pushed Connor into you and made a run for it, causing you both to fall to the ground.

Moments later, Hank bust through the door. "(Y/N), what's going on??"

You and Connor got up as fast as you could. "It's here! Call it in!" the android exclaimed, as him and you ran towards the kitchen, and outside through the back door.

You quickly crawled through another hole in the fence, and an officer was standing nearby.
"Which way did it go??" you asked him. "That way!" he pointed down the street, "They're headed for the train station!"

You started running as fast as you could, with Connor following you close by.

You made it down the road not far, when another officer yelled. "They're over there!" pointing at a small alleyway leading towards a busy highway. You quickly made your way around the corner.
All the way down the alley was a tall fence, separating you from the highway, the deviant and the child hastily climbing over it.

As you reached the fence, the deviant stood on the other side, looking at you and Connor intensely, not saying a word. The officer from before came up behind you, his gun pointed. "Don't shoot!" Connor yelled, "We need it alive!" With that, the android and the child slid down a muddy slope, towards the highway and over the railing.

Without thinking, you began climbing the fence. "What are you doing?" Connor asked, his LED now blinking yellow, but you didn't respond. You were determined to catch them, mostly because of fear for the child's safety, as crossing a highway like that might just be the most dangerous thing anyone could ever do.

Connor just looked at you seemingly shocked, and just as you reached the other side, Hank arrived at the scene out of breath. "Oh fuck, (Y/N)! What the hell do you think you're doin'? Get the fuck back here, right now!" he yelled at you.

"But... God damn it Hank...!" you replied. "I- I'm sorry, I do not want them cross, not with that child! It could die!" You turned around and made your way down the muddy slope. "(Y/N), no! So could you! You'll never make it to the other side, for fuck's sake!" he yelled after you, but it was too late, and you climbed over the railing, cars and trucks rushing by you at incredible speeds. You felt your heart pounding in your throat and gulped anxiously.

Hank looked at Connor. "Well what the fuck are you waiting for?? Get the hell after her! I don't need herself getting killed, god damn it!"