9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [4/5]

"Hey, can we take my car this time?" you requested while leaving the building together with your partners.
"Depends, are you gonna drive my ass back here so I can get my car?" Hank simply responded.
"Sure thing."
"... But, uh, don't leave that plastic prick with me, a'ight?"
"Uhm, alright..."
You glanced at Connor for a moment who was walking next to you, expecting him to comment, but he didn't say a word.
The three of you quickly made your way onto the parking lot and to your car, where you got inside as fast as possible, with Hank taking the passenger seat and Connor sitting behind you.
You turned on the stereo to avoid uncomfortable silences and took off.

"Uhh, so, how's your head by the way?" Hank asked after a while of driving.
"Oh, it's fine. Still got the slightest headache, but it's barely noticeable." You smiled.
"Glad to hear it." The Lieutenant smiled back at you softly.
"(Y/N), I'd like to mention that you've exceeded the speed limit multiple times now..." Connor commented after a moment of silence. "Perhaps you should slow down a little, before something happens?" He suggested while leaning towards you slightly.
You let out a chuckle whereas Anderson rolled his eyes. "I appreciate the concern, Connor. But we'll be fine."
"Take it from me, kid's actually a pretty good driver." Hank chimed in.
"Plus, I just want to get to the investigation as fast as possible, to not lose any valuable time. I'm sure you understand." You looked at Connor through the rearview mirror, full well knowing about his determination regarding his mission.
"I suppose you have a point... But if we get into an accident, we might not arrive at all." The android replied and leaned back into the seat again.
"We'll see about that." You smirked.
You were indeed eager to arrive at the destination, at the same time being quite nervous regarding this strange happening. But still, extremely curious. And although you always had a bit of a hunch that deviancy might not always be what it seems -like the androids not always being the ones at fault for their crimes- neither you nor your partners saw something like this coming.

It was a long ride up inside the elevator, silence completely engulfing you.
After a while, Connor pulled out his coin and began to play with it. You watched him curiously, but it didn't take long for Hank to take it from him. "You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor."
"Sorry, Lieutenant." The android apologized.
"Oh come on, Hank. I think his tricks are pretty cool."
"Thanks, (Y/N)."
"Pff, whatever..." The Lieutenant grumbled.