Chapter 4

I used to dread going home, I feared the pain I would recieve as soon as I entered that house. But in the recent few years...I don't seem to care anymore. Bruises, broken bones and a bloody noses heal, that mindset is the only thing that keeps me sane.
I unlocked the door and entered, it was silent, maybe he's gone out...hopefully.
"How was school?" I heard a familiar voice speak...wonderful, not!
"It was fine" I mumbled, I just need to get this over with.
"Good, now go do your homework" he demanded, who the hell does this guy think he is, he always just assumes I'm scared of him. You can hurt me until I'm bleeding, but that doesn't mean I'll be goddamn afraid of you.
"I don't have homework" I grumbled, he sure is annoying as well as a complete shithead. He walked closer glowering at me, this was it. Most of the time I get beat up because I provoke him into it, I may have to much pride, but I have to stand up for myself, no matter the consequences.
"What. Did. You. Say?" His fists were tightening I could see anger creeping up on his face, "I said, I don't have homework. It's my first day remember" I couldn't help but become frustrated, he's freakin unreasonable...before I could even finish my thoughts, I felt his fist ram into my face thrusting me onto the floor...ouch.
He continued punching my body for the next hour, I was fighting back the tears, my body ached but my mind silenced the pain, the tears were just an instinct. Over the years I learnt resisting would only cause more damage on my part, so I just lay on the ground, letting him get his anger out. All I could think is it'll be over soon...soon.

2hours later

"That'll teach you to do what your told" he spat over my limp bruised body, then he walked off to the living room. I managed to drag my body to the stairs and using the banister to stand up, I was a bit dizzy and my nose had bled all over my shirt, but nothing crazy. I stumbled up the steps and into my room, its always a relief when I manage to go up the stairs, it means I'm healthy enough to walk, and that's always a good thing...right?
I'm pretty sick, joking about my own beatings, I really should start taking things more seriously.
I heard my notification bell go off.
Unknown number?

I don't know how she got a hold of my number, but I don't regret messaging her back

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I don't know how she got a hold of my number, but I don't regret messaging her back. I promised myself not to get attached to anyone, but Leona really seems like a person I could use to get my mind off my shitty life, making one friend won't hurt. It definitely doesn't hurt any more than the beatings I get everyday.