Chapter 28

A couple hours later
"I'll see you next period" Leona spoke waving me off as she went off for lunch, apparently Lee asked her to sit with him...ah young love.
I was packing my things away when I heard a knock on the classroom door.
I turned around to see Carson walking towards me.
"Hey" He greeted awkwardly.
"Hi" I replied.
"Shouldn't we talk about that nig-
"What's there to talk about" I cut him off, I know this is unfair, but I don't do well with sharing my feelings, and the moment I do, my walls just go back up immediately.
I don't know what I was thinking that night, why I told him any of that, I feel ashamed and embarrassed.
"I think theres a lot to talk about princess" he smirked coming closer as I backed up.
"No there isn't, you had your laugh telling me all that bullshit, and now the joke is over. I think we both need to forget that night ever happened." I spoke coldly, I could see the hurt in his eyes, a part of me knows he was being serious, but I just can't risk anymore pain...
"What about the other things you told me? How the hell am I supposed to forget about those things Aria?! You told me your "dad hurts you" and I'm pretty sure its more than screaming at you" He ranted angrily as he looked down at my bruised arm.
"I shouldn't have told you any of that-
"Why not? How long has this been going on?" He cut me off, concern and rage washed over him.
"Goodbye Carson" I stated, I didn't want to say anymore than I already had, I grabbed my bag and walked away, a tightness had formed in my chest, I felt guilty...guilty for scolding him when he was just trying to help me.
The rest of the day went by as normal, I didn't see Carson after that thankfully, I just wanted to get home quicker, not that it's any better, there really is no place for me.
"Hey princess" I thought it was Carson again but I turned around and it was Roman walking besides me with an angelic smile resting on his face.
"Hi" I spoke awkwardly, these guys really can't leave me alone.
"How have you been?" He asked.
"The same as I was the last time we spoke earlier today" I chuckled, Roman is a little too eager to speak to me, and I've come to learn that Raywood high boys being too eager is a dangerous thing.
"Oh yeh, hehe...I hope you have a large appetite, we're going to the best burger place in town in Saturday" ha! a large appetite is one thing I don't have.
"Don't worry, I'll eat everyone else's food to" I lied.
He just chuckled in response.
Roman's a pretty genuine guy, well that was my first impression of him anyway.
"Well I should go to football, cya around Aria" He smiled.
"Bye" I smiled back.