Chapter 44

I was running around the house frantically looking for him, where could he be?
Then I figured out where he might've been, I treaded towards the pool and to my relief he was sat by the edge looking defeated, with his legs hung into the water.
"Carson"
The moment He heard his name his head snapped towards me.
"Aria? I thought you left" he hesitated before standing up and coming towards me.
"Well now i'm back" I sighed as I shuffled closer to him.
"Why did you?" He asked quizzically, I guess he was curious as to why I'm giving him the time of day after everything.
"I don't know to be honest" and that was the truth, I didn't know why I was back, it's not like Carson ever benefited my life in any sort of way, so why am I back?
There was a moment of awkward silence but I gathered the courage to speak again.
"Why did you cancel the wedding?" I questioned, this is what I've been wondering all day long.
"When my mother first told me, it was a week before we met. I was nervous but I didn't really care, she only wanted me and Scarlett married for the reputation, so I decided to go through with it.
But then I met you, and at first it didn't mean much, but later you began to bring out a part of me I didn't know I had. I tried talking to my mother about it, but she convinced me it was for the best."
He took a deep breath before continuing again.
"I should've ended it with you right there...or ended the 'wedding' I guess. But I wasn't ready to let you go and I was too much of a coward to go against my family, but it was a mistake, I should have shut them down months ago. After you left I was hopeless, I felt like a part of me had gone missing and I was confused at first, but then I realised, all I wanted was you, it took longer than it should have to come to that realisation. I'm an idiot...i know, and I'm sorry. And I guess a part of me tried to sabotage what we had because I was...scared. Scared that I had such strong feelings towards one person"
He voice was shaky and I could smell alcohol on his breath which probably meant this was the drunk side of him talking.
"For the sake of our son...I'm willing to give it another chance. But Carson, if you mess up again, I'm leaving and you'll never see my face again" I warned him, and I saw a small smile tug at his face as I finished my sentence.
He reached out and cupped my face in his hands and kissed me on the lips and leaned his forehead against mine.
"I love you, so. Damn. Much" He breathed.
As much as I hated to admit it, my feelings never went away for him, somehow Carson of all people had managed to bring out my soft side.
"I love you too...idiot" I chuckled.

"Also...I know what we should name him" I whispered as I glanced down at my baby bump.
"What?" He smiled as he rubbed my stomach.

"Rhys" it meant passion, and that's what I wanted my son to have for everything he achieved in life.
"I love it" He responded.

I finally felt like I had everything.