Chapter 76

TW: Mentions of Kidnapping, Threats, Deceit, Remus, Evil Remy, Spiders, and Fainting.

Gonna warn you, this chapter talks a lot about Remy. 

Day One | Friday | August 19th | Before Virgil woke up.

"Patton. Patton wake up" Romans voice said, pulling him away from the world of black that had surrounded him. Patton closed his eyes slightly tighter, he didn't want to wake up. Which was odd since he was always a big morning person. "Patton, buddy, come on" Roman's voice continued.

Where was Logan? Why wasn't he waking him up? And, why was it cold? Why was the ground so hard? Why did the house smell so funny? Why did his head feel so heavy? Why was- Patton's eyes shot open as the memories of a few hours ago began to fill his head again. Roman caught his shoulders and noticing the terror in his friend's eyes quickly pulled him into a hug. "It's okay. You're okay Pat"

"I do not see how any of this can qualify as 'okay', we have been abducted and Virgil is missing," Logan's voice said from not too far off. Patton's eyes widened slightly at the words, and he finally looked around the room. His boyfriend wasn't wrong, they weren't in the house anymore. They were in a large room with stone walls and a wooden ceiling. A wooden staircase seemed to be the only way out but it was unreachable until they got past the bars in front of them. 

"Logie," Patton said, he pulled away from Roman and reached out towards Logan. Logan looked over at him, anger and anxiety-filled his eyes but as he caught sight of Patton and even Roman some of it seemed to slip away. With a sigh, he made his way back to Patton and wrapped his arms around him.

"I apologize, Patton, I didn't mean to frighten you," Logan told him as Patton buried his head in to Logan's shoulder.

Patton looks up, "You said Virgil's gone? Where?"

Logan glanced over at Roman, whose gaze had turned to the ground in a worried state. "We don't know, when we woke up he wasn't with us. We can only assume Deceit and Remus have him hidden away in another part of the building we are in" Logan replied. Of course, there was no way for any of them to know that Virgil was sleeping- somewhat- safe and sound one floor above them. 

"Oh," Patton replied before taking Roman's hand, "Don't worry kiddo, we'll find him" Roman nodded with an appreciative smile but it fell quickly. Patton looks at Logan again, leaning into his body, Logan shivers slightly. Obviously, Patton isn't the only one whose unused to the lower temperatures, "Are you cold Lo?"  he asks him.

Logan looks down at him, "Just slightly, I'll be-" But before Logan could finish assuring him Patton had unwrapped the cat hoodie from his shoulders and was pushing it into Logan's arms. Logan looked down at it for a moment, "Patton, if I wear your jacket then you'll be cold"

Patton gave an innocent shrug, "Not if you keep hugging me" he suggested. Logan and Roman allowed themselves to laugh slightly as Logan pulled the jacket over his head and wrapped his arms tightly around Patton. 

Roman played with the strings of his hoodie. It was the one he let Virgil borrow when it had been stained. Virgil had worn it a few days before as well, Roman remembered his voice sheepishly asking if he could borrow it while his was in the wash. Now, Roman wore it. He didn't often wear hoodies. He didn't really get cold easily but the window in his room had gotten stuck and even in summer, the air had been chilly this morning. He was thankful for it now.

Roman looked up when he felt something tap at his leg. Patton was reaching an arm out towards him, inviting him to join in their hug. Roman's lips twitched upward again as he moved away from the wall and allowed his best friends to hug him, wrapping his arms around them in return. Even though this was a terrible situation, they had known it was a possibility. The three had talked about it one night after Virgil had gone to sleep, not wanting to scare him with the topic of conversation. They hadn't been able to come up with a plan of action, considering their plans could change depending on where they were, but they did agree that they would need to keep each other, and Virgil, grounded and as safe as possible.