Chapter 43

TW: Mentions of death, Mentions of Military, Mentions of Transphobia

Shorter Chapter

Day Sixty-Four | Thursday | May 13th

Both Logan and Virgil had been very quiet today. Which was once again not odd for the two. But for the past day or so Logan had gone to work and then went straight to his room. This was unless he was the one staying with Virgil for the day, and then the two would spend the day saying very little to each other

Virgil drew a lot, though he had switched to his left hand like Roman had wanted, letting his right hand heal. Logan spent a lot of his time on his computer, looking through files and papers on the internet that would cause him to open and close his own hand. And then there were the moments where both of them were trying to distract themselves from whatever was on their minds by reading. 

A few weeks after knowing Virgil Logan had found that he was actually very well-read. He did prefer books of fiction but Logan did not mind, especially since Virgil didn't mind discussing the books afterward. Though now, for whatever reason, both had fallen silent and neither said anything about it to the other. They had not noticed the others odd behavior. Roman and Patton however, had, and they were planning on doing something about it.

Tap, tap, tap 

 Logan sighed as he put closed the laptop and opened the door to his room, "Yes Patton?"

"Hi um, can I come in?" Patton asked. Logan nodded and let Patton enter the room. The bed was unmade, which was unusual for Logan. His desk had several books opened to random pages and spread across the glass desk. And the most unusual fact about the condition of Logan's room was a hat. Just like the one in Logan's childhood home he had not worn this hat in a long time, it was too precious for that. Instead, the hat had been taken off the hook it normally hung on and had been carefully placed on Logan's pillow.

"Is there something I can help you with Patton?"

Patton turned to face Logan, "Listen, I know right about now is a hard time for you but, you seem different this time"

Logan shook his head, "While this time of year was once difficult for me, I can assure you that it has become easier for me. I am fine Patton, there is nothing for you to worry about"

Patton sighed "Lo? I know emotions are hard for you but you do know it's okay to deal with them right? Roman and I can help you, we're here for you."

"Patton, I am fine. And I am well aware that I can come to you and Roman with any issues I have. However, I am currently not suffering from any issues, that includes emotional dilemmas. You should know Patton, that I rarely ever suffer from emotional distress, despite everything that I have endured"

Patton nodded, "Okay Lo, whatever you say. I just thought that with Virgil telling us about his history in foster care and him being more open about his parents that it might be harder for you. Just know that we're here for you, alright?"

"Understood Patton, thank you for concern," Logan said as Patton left the room.

*****

"Hello Virgil, you seem somewhat better rested than you did a few days ago," Roman said as he sat down next to Virgil at the table.

"Uhm, thank you?" Virgil said, slightly confused.

Roman nodded, noting that may not have been the best way to start the conversation, "What are you drawing? Whose that?"

Virgil shrugged, they both sat in silence for a moment, " I saw a little girl walking to school this morning, and I swear she looks just like Tevi would have."