Chapter 56

TW: Explosions, Anxiety.

Day One-Hundred and Nine | Monday | June 26th  

Roman jumped off of his seat at the table when he saw Virgil walk down the hallway, he hadn't been able to talk to Virgil the day before but he could talk to him now. "Virgil, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me, I was acting like an idiot and I'm sorry" Roman said as he stood in front of Virgil.

"It's fine Roman," Virgil said, not looking up at Roman at all as he said it, "It doesn't matter"

Roman looked up at Patton for help, but he didn't look at Roman either, and busied himself with the marshmallows in his cereal. "Virgil it's obviously not fine. You don't have to forgive me but-" Roman said as he grabbed Virgil's arm to stop him. The other flinched at the touch and pulled his arm away hard enough to make him stumble. 

"P-please don't touch me right now Roman." Virgil told him, still not meeting his gaze.

"I-" Roman began before nodding, "Sorry Virgil"

"Hey Virgil," Patton called gently, "You want some cereal? Come sit down, Roman and I don't leave for work for another twenty minutes"

"Uh, sure, thanks Patton" Virgil said as he went to go sit with Patton at the table, and poured himself a bowl of cereal as Roman continued to stand in place before going to finish his own breakfast of toast with crofters. He didn't like the marshmallow cereal Patton bought and they were out of the other brand. It didn't matter, this tasted better anyway. 

"Hey Virgil, what kind of phyco eats cereal in the dark?" Patton asked. Virgil shrugged as he chewed, "A Cereal killer!" Patton said with a large grin on his face. 

Virgil nodded, "Good one Pat" Virgil said, his tone different than the one he used when speaking to Roman a moment ago. 

"Which celebrity is always ready for cereal?" Patton asked

"Which one?"

"Reese With her spoon"

Virgil's mouth flashed upward, a small smile appearing on his face. He brought his arm up and used it to cover the side of his face when he felt Roman looking at him, making it so Roman couldn't see the smile on his lips. Roman sighed again as Patton continued to share jokes with Virgil. Occasionally Virgil would laugh slightly, but not a lot. And than it was time for work and Roman and Patton left.

 Day One-Hundred and Ten | Tuesday | June 27th 

"Um, I bought you some new drawing pencils or whatever you call them" Roman said as he awkwardly stood in front of Virgil and Logan. "Pat told me that a new sketchbook probably wouldn't fix things since yours meant so much. I really am sorry Virgil."

"It's okay Roman" Virgil said, lying again, "You didn't have to get me anything"

"Yeah I did"

Day One-Hundred and Eleven | Wednesday | June 28th 

Roman had been the on staying with Virgil today. He had tried engaging the other in conversation but Virgil had made it clear he didn't want to talk. So most of the day had been spent in a painful silence as Virgil read a book and listened to music while Roman read over comercial scripts.

When the others got back Virgil had quickly volunteered to help Patton make dinner and had quickly busied himself as he listened to Patton's directions, hoping Roman continued to take his hint.

Day One-Hundred and Twelve | Thursday | June 29th 

"Are you still mad at me?"

"It's fine Roman"