Chapter 40

TW: Deceit, Remus, Anxiety, Mentions of Virgil's past, Blood. This is gonna be a really badly written chapter. Like worse than any and all of the other chapters. And once again another long chapter

Day Fifty-Three | Monday | May 1st

Patton smiled faintly as he hugged Harrison and Melanie, it was a little past noon and he and Logan had to be getting back. "I'll come back and visit soon okay?" Patton said as he took the now empty Tupperware's from the small desk next to Harrison and placed it in his bag.

"Don't worry about me Pat, I'm getting released soon" Harrison said, his smile flickered as he added a little more to his statement, "After that I'll go back to chemo and we'll go from there"

Patton smiled a tight lipped smile, he knew Harry hated chemo, "Alright, keep him out of trouble Mel." Melanie smiled and nodded, it was her free period at school, but she'd have to get going soon enough, "See you guys soon."

"Will do little brother, and stay safe. I've been hearing a lot of stories about superheroes and super villains in that city of yours" Harrison said. With one more nod, and another hug goodbye, Patton left the hospital room. He joined Logan in the waiting room, smiling to him as he made his way towards the doors. His parents weren't in the room, his father had gone to work and his mother had left for a coffee, leaving the perfect opportunity for Logan and Patton to leave

"Are you happy Patton?" Logan asked as they made their way to the car.

"Yeah, I am"

*****

Roman hummed to himself as he read over his script and answered some emails for work. Virgil was leaning over his sketchbook, his pencil moved back and forth lightly as he did some shading. Patton and Logan were coming back today and Roman knew the topic would probably be sensitive. Virgil had no idea why Patton and Logan had left, they hadn't told him and he hadn't asked. It hadn't really seemed like Patton wanted to share.

Roman glanced up at Virgil, he seemed so focused on what he drew, the drawing was nearly complete as a photo of Norah joking with Quinn sat next to him. "Hey Virge, how log have you been drawing? You're good at it." Roman said, drawing the attention of the other.

Virgil shrugged, "I don't know, it's been awhile." Virgil said as he turned back to the sketchbook, "I guess always, even in elementary school my teachers would get mad when I doodled in class... and I'm not good at it"

Roma nodded, "Who taught you?" he asked, ignoring the last comment

"No one. I taught myself, my Uncle Rick was the only one in my family who was at good at art but he didn't really teach me anything. He couldn't draw people and that's all I can draw without it looking stupid"

Roman shrugged, "I don't think any of your art looks stupid" He said, putting down his script on the arm of the chair, "Norah told me the other day that you wanted to go to art school, did you ever submit anything?"

Virgil stopped drawing for a moment, than took an eraser and got rid of a mistake that only he would ever notice, "I did but I wasn't allowed to go to collage so it didn't matter." Roman looked like he was about to ask something else but Virgil beat him to it"What about you? When did you get into acting?"

"Middle school" Roman answered, "Counselor said I needed an outlet and my mom didn't like the idea of football or boxing so after trying just about a hundred other hobbies I started theater, and I really liked it" 

"Outlet for what?" Virgil asked

Roman rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment, "I wasn't the best at dealing with bullies," he admitted. After a few more minutes of conversation they were interrupted by the arrival of Patton and Logan. "How'd it go?" Roman asked as cautious looks were thrown towards Virgil