Chapter 45

First of all, I forgot to say this last chapter, thank you to everyone who has served or has someone in their families who have served. I don't just mean military I'm also talking about police officers and even firefighters. For all of those who have lost family members who have served, I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry if this chapter or the last chapter has brought up bad memories. I'm thankful to your whole family because it's not just the military and first responders who are risking things for our countries. You may not be risking your lives but you have family risking their lives, and in my opinion, that's a hundred times scarier than risking your own life. Military families and occasionally even families of first responders are constantly being relocated and as someone who has moved nine times, I can guarantee you it's not fun. Thank you to our veterans as well, who after coming home from some very tragic experiences often struggle to reintegrate into society again and who often fall into poverty when returning. (At least in that's how it is in America) The world you live in is not easy for you. So thank you all for risking so much and for serving your countries. You are ALL heroes.

Now, on a much less serious note (and please don't let this take meaning away from what I just said) @AnxiouslyShipping is one of my readers and I read one of their books too. It's really awesome and really good it's a Disney AU with all our Sides even Sneck Boi and Rat Man (except they aren't antagonists like mine) and it's really good. Recently our dear friend AnxiouslyShipping called me out in front of all their readers and I'm not gonna stand for it so this chapter comes with homework. GO, READ VILLAINS OR HEROES, BY ANXIOUSLY SHIPPING! For some reason, you guys think this trashy book is good but there's is so much better so do it. 

This chapter is dedicated to all first responders, Military personal, those that have families in either of those branches and even Anxiously Shipping. So thank you once again to everyone I've mentioned and thank you to my readers and enjoy the chapter.

TW: Mentions of death, Abandonment, Talking to the dead, Grief, Anxiety, Deceit, Remus.

Extra Long Chapter

Present Day:

Day Sixty-Eight | Monday | May 17th

Virgil was silent as Logan sat in front of the grave, "Hello father, this is Virgil. You and his sister share the same birthday, is that not an interesting coincidence? You also both died near this time of the year, another coincidence." Logan moved and sat with his legs folded in front of him, "I have brought you another book, this one is quite fascinating, it's about a scientist who accidentally attracts the attention of an extraterrestrial spacecraft and causes an invasion. Virgil seemed  to have found interest in it as well"

Logan looked back at Virgil, who was staring at the tombstone, reading the epigraph over and over again. Logan turned back to the tombstone, "It was one of my favorites that I have read this year, I think you will enjoy it... Mother misses you, but she's doing well all things considered. We both are. You were right with what you told me, Roman and Patton have served as wonderful and loyal friends, they have defied all odds. Virgil has also become a friend of mine, and though we have not spoken about it... About this, he's helped."

Virgil looked at Logan, opening his mouth and then shutting it. Slowly he sat down next to Logan on the grass. Logan took a deep breath, "... I also miss you, it has not been easy." Logan paused, covering his eyes with his hand for a moment before looking at the epigraph and laughing slightly. " That's right, 'It's always more fun to route for the underdogs' as you used to say..." Logan looked at Virgil, "Every piece of sound science tells me that he is gone. That he can not hear a word I say, can not read the book I have brought him, and neither knows nor cares that I am here. Yet coming here a few times a year does help."