Back to Normal

(A/N:- Thoughts are in italics)

Dan and Erin reached their apartment  by car. It took them really long, but, Erin didn't mind. After all she was with the love of her life. On the part of Dan, his expressions can't be read. He almost became like a stone.

They went  inside, "Home sweet home" said Erin happily.
She turned around to look at Dan and Dan just smiled back.

"The journey was long. I am going to freshen up" said Dan and left.
This made Erin heart break. Dan was sad.

"It's fine. It will take time but everything will be normal at the end of the day" said Erin to herself, thus trying to comfort her heart.

Dan reached up to the room, threw his jacket on the bed and lied. He closed his eyes and his thoughts drifted towards Bonnie. He could see her smile, her eyes, her forced smile while they were leaving.

Dan sat up, took out his phone and dialed Bonnie's number.
"Pick up" he said to himself impatiently.

The ring was about to end when he heard his favourite voice, Bonnie.

"Hello?"
"Hi Bonnie" he said in a husky voice.

"Hey Dan" said Bonnie as her heart melt hearing his voice, " You guys reached safely??" She asked.

"Yeah..."
"The journey was really long Bonnie" said Dan. "Wishing every moment if the car could go reverse" thought Dan but didn't say anything. After all he knew Bonnie was already in pain.

"Dan??" Called Bonnie after a moment of silence.

"Yeah..." Dan responded

"Let's not contact each other. It will only give us pain" said Bonnie and to her surprise Dan agreed. "Wish you protested".

"Bye" said Bonnie.
"Bye" said Dan and they cut the call.

With this cut, all their ties are cut. But you can very well cut contact, cut out talking, but, could the heart strings be cut?? The heart strings which were not simply connected but were One..
There wasn't any knot to open....

After all his chores Dan went down for dinner. Their dinner was in absolute silence, Dan was not in mood of talking and Erin respected him. After dinner, they both went to their respective room biding each other good night.

********

Bonnie after cutting Dan's call let herself fall on the couch. The tears itself started flowing. The eyes which were as dry as sun tamed sand were now flowing continuously.

"Everything ended. Over (This is how Erin might have felt. " her mind said)
"We'll never be together". Said Bonnie to herself and was left alone in her sadness.

*******

"Good Morning" said Erin to Dan.

"Morning" Dan responded with a smile.

"Feeling better??" Asked Erin seeing Dan smile naturally.

"What happened to me??" Asked Dan in return.

"You were tensed...."

"I am fine. Don't worry" said Dan and smiled.

They started having their breakfast when Dan broke the silence, "I want to talk to you".

"Yeah say..."