An End of Friendship

After the Christmas party, everyone left for their respective places. Bonnie was driving when she got a phone call. She connected the phone to her bluetooth speaker and then recieved it.

"Hello?" Said Bonnie...

"Hey..."

"Dan?!...This is not your number??" Asked Bonnie

"It's my second number."said Dan

"Oh"

"So?? How was your time spent??" Asked Dan. His voice seemed a bit low.

"You know...I did face time you" answered Bonnie.

"I know" said Dan sighing

"What happened Dan? You seem a bit low". Said Bonnie

"Nothing...". After a short pause Daniel said "I am missing you."

Bonnie felt a strange sensation in her heart. Suddenly her heart felt heavy.

"I am missing you too." Said Bonnie

"Liar" sort of accused Dan. "It didn't seem so." and Bonnie frowned hearing him.

"We are actors Dan" said Bonnie precisely. By this time Bonnie had stopped her car. "I don't need to show them how much I missed you or am missing you" said Bonnie softly

"I am sorry.... " apologized Daniel, "I really wanted to be there".

"Exactly! You wanted to be there and I wanted to be with you" the words came out of Bonnie's mouth unintentionally. As if, the words, buried deep inside her heart just escaped, getting a narrow space.

Daniel was silent and Bonnie, the next instant, after speaking her heart out, realised the carelessness of her tongue.

"Don't take my words seriously. Kidding" saying Bonnie tried to laugh but it really sounded weird.

Don't know if Dan understood how much those lines were true, but Bonnie very well knew.

Not able to speak any further Bonnie cut the call instantly. She wasn't crying, but had immensely mixed emotions.

Somewhere she was happy that at last she let her heart out.
While on the other hand she sad as well as angry on herself that how did she let her stupid feelings take a  control over herself.

She drove back to her place thinking and fighting with herself.

Meanwhile, Dan had a little smile dancing on his lips, which faded away after a while.  If honestly said, both were in the same condition. Mixed emotions.

But one thing became very clear....
They both had feelings for each other....No Doubt.
At least to Daniel, it became as clear as water.

.........

Bonnie reached her place. Her mind still fighting with her. She changed into casuals and entered her warm bed when her phone rang.

She hesitantly looked at her phone screen to see, it was a call from her mum. She gave a sigh of relief. She literally expected Dan's call.

She recieved the call and talked to her mum. It was then she realised that the following day  she is going to meet her parents.

A wave of joy ran through her body. This few hours of stress actually made her forget that she is going celebrate her Christmas with her family. How much stupid can she be in these few hours.

......

The next Day Bonnie reached her destination. She met her family after so many long days.