Separation

After the breakfast, Dan and Erin were all set to leave the place. Erin was getting ready, when Dan approached Bonnie, who was packing meal for their journey.

"Do you have time??" Asked Dan.

"Yeah.." said Bonnie boxing the last piece of sandwich.

Dan took Bonnie to the garden, where Billy was seen lying on the floor.

Dan went to Billy and patted his back and gave a soft rub.
"Will miss you Billy" said Dan and the dog snuggled into him, "Aww...my boy" said Dan and hugged Billy.

Bonnie felt her sank heart getting more sinked. She looked up to hold on her tears which could flow at any moment.

Dan stood up leaving Billy, but Billy wound himself around Dan's leg.
He again rubbed his head and made Billy sit on the ground.

"I'll leave in next few minutes" said Dan, "If you want, we can leave tomorrow" said Dan expectedly.

"Today or Tomorrow, You will leave" said Bonnie looking away.

"Then just change the decision Bonnie" said Dan cupping her face and making her look into his eyes.

Bonnie looked up into his eyes (Bonnie had to look slightly up to see into Dan's eyes, as she was bare feet and Dan was wearing his heeled sport shoes).

"What good will it do??" Asked Bonnie looking away.

"Be selfish" said Dan and Bonnie looked into his eyes.

"Like you are being now?" Asked Bonnie and Dan sighed heavily.

He turned his back to Bonnie, "Dan... even you know we can't change the decision."
Bonnie turned him towards her and cupped his face, "Please don't make yourself as well as me weak".

Dan could see the plead in Bonnie's eyes. He could see the pain, Bonnie going through. He instantly hugged Bonnie tightly.

There was an immense passion in the hug, as if the arms would never ever leave each other. Dan pulled Bonnie more close and buried his face in her neck.

Bonnie felt the skin on her neck getting wet. Dan was crying.
She pulled him more into her. She then half released him and kissed him on his cheek. Soon she started planting kiss on his whole face. His forehead, his temples, his eyes, his nose, his cheek bone, but just stopped when it came to his lips.

If she kisses him now, she won't be able to leave him, separation would be all the more harder.
In place of his lips, she just kissed the area where his skin end and lips about to start.

"I love you Dan" said Bonnie.
"I love you too..." reciprocated Dan.

She wiped his tears and shakes her head indicating him not to cry. Bonnie  tried to smile at him and then kissed his forehead.

She kept her lips touched at his forehead for few more seconds. Dan felt his forehead wet and he understood Bonnie was trying to suppress her cry.

They released each other and looked into each other's eyes when Erin called Dan.

"Coming" he said and rubbed his thumb at Bonnie's cheek and left.

Tears again filled in Bonnie's eyes, but, she looked up to push them back.

After a minute or so Bonnie went into the house. She handed the lunch boxes to them and bottles of water.

"These were not needed" said Erin.

"It's not safe to eat outside now" said Bonnie.

Dan was down by the time with his luggage and they were all set to leave. Erin called the driver, who was staying in nearby hotel.

"The driver??" Asked Dan.

"I already called him. He will be here anytime soon" said Erin smiling lightly and Dan nodded in response.

Yes she was smiling because she got back the man she loved. Of course she was sad for Bonnie but it was somewhere getting overcomed by the thought that she is back with the man she loved.

They heard a horn blow. Erin's car arrived.

Their sunken heart just sank more. The pain in their heart just can't be described.

Dan looked at Bonnie and Bonnie force flashed a smile. Of course Dan understood that, 10 years of growing up together,  and now the beautiful days.

They hugged each other but left soon, bidding each other last goodbye.

Dan took the luggage and left to load them in the car. If he stayed a minute more, he won't be able to leave the place. His knees already feeling weak.

After Dan left, Erin hugged Bonnie and said, "It was great meeting you Bonnie. But I do have to say one thing, You are too good for your own self"

Bonnie smiled, "I just act accordingly. The situation demands it, I did it. I don't know if he'll ever be back in my life, but as for now he is not my destiny."

"You still expect him to come back" asked Erin.

"Not really" Bonnie said thoughtfully chuckled, "But I can't help you see. He arrived in my life at the most unexpected time" said Bonnie and her face showed a trust, a belief; which attacked Erin lightly.

Erin didn't reply anything. She just smiled back and left the place.

Soon the engine started and they left. Dan didn't dare look back at Bonnie. On the part of Bonnie she didn't get out of the house. She got frozen. Her legs didn't work.

She should be there, bidding them farewell. But..... Wasn't that rude of her??

Her words spoken to Erin kept revolving into her head. What had gotten into her that she said such a thing. She was surprised by her own self.

She sighed and looked back into her house which was empty. Not just empty but even lonely.

That one man just made everything so complete, so fulfilled, so happy, bright, loving and now everything as plain as black and white. No colours.

Bonnie sat on her sofa with Billy on her lap. Can't be said whether she was thinking anything or just staring.
Oh.... Wish this is a dream and when she opens her eyes, Dan would be in front of her smiling his most precious smile.

*******

While their ride back, Erin put her head on Dan's shoulder.
"I knew you love me more" said Erin.

Dan nodded his head lightly and said, "Of course , maybe that's the reason I left Bonnie."

"So that the fans don't bash on Bonnie, calling her bad names. So that in no way she is held responsible. In no way, she gets hurt by anyone's harsh words. Not even yours Erin. I really love you more, maybe that's why I could leave her" Dan's inner voice spoke to Erin, but ofcourse she can't  hear. Dan chewed the inner wall of his cheek to prevent the pearls from flowing down.

"Don't worry Dan. Soon Bonnie will get someone. We can arrange someone for her" suggested Erin while playing with the button of his shirt.

"Let's not interfere in her life. " said Dan trying to sound casual.

"No we can help her just as friends" said Erin placing her hand on his chest.

"No" said Dan firmly. As he said Erin frowned a bit. She placed her hand more firmly on his chest, thus pressing it a little and she felt a sudden shiver down her spine. Dan's heart beat has increased quiet considerably.

"Was it on hearing 'Bonnie with someone else' ?? Thought Erin.

I am so sorry for this separation chapter. But it is the need of the time. Hope you all understand and shower the same love on the chapter.

So this is for this chapter. Hope you all like it.

Please do vote and comment below your feedback.

Please do vote for further notifications.

Thank you
..........