A Genuine Conversation

Few days Passed..... Dan was still the same. Though he tried to cover it, but after all, apart from an actor, he is a human.

On the part of Bonnie, she does  have immense patience. I mean not once she asked Dan about the matter. Waited. Waited for his convenience.

She missed that laugh of him while they were filming the video. The chuckle which was as real, on the dining table.

She did try to ask either way to loosen up his burden.... but didn't push Dan as it may upset him more. Suffocate him.

Days passed normal.. they talked but limited. They spent time but stayed away. Dan started maintaining a distance, which Bonnie obeyed once she realised.

It was a bright sunny day, but heart gloomy. Dan was so preoccupied with the thoughts that he did realise his phone beeping.

Suddenly he heard a voice calling him, "Dan??"

He didn't turn around, neither responded.

"Dan??" Again the voice called.

"What is it Bonnie??" Snapped Dan turning around to see the owner of the voice still on the middle of the stair.

"Why are you shouting at me??" She asked rather in a calm tone.

It is this Dan realised that he shouted at Bonnie. "Oh uh.. Nothing!" He snapped again, "Can't you see I want to stay alone. Why do you have to appear everytime??"

"Just because I am quiet doesn't mean I'll bear everything up. I was here to just give the news that Rupert and Georgia are expecting their first child. Georgia is pregnant" Bonnie said in a loud voice but it wasn't harsh.

She somehow estimated that Dan was literally going through a tough period.
Otherwise he is not the one to snap. He is quiet, as calm an ocean, sweet and understanding person. And that's what attracts her about him.

Dan widened his eyes at the news but at the same time looked down in shame for his behaviour to her. Of course it wasn't her fault that he was in such a dilemma, but then, unknowingly, she is a part of it.

"I am sorry Bonnie" he says looking down.

"Don't be-" Said Bonnie taking a step towards him, clutching his shoulder.
"-But Dan don't punish yourself like this. I am worried".

Dan looked at her directly in eyes. Yes she was. He could see. He noticed. He noticed, her taking step towards him and then moving back due to hesitation. He noticed her furrowed eyebrows whenever she raised her head to look at him. She was worried and He knew.

He held her arms, taking a step closer, "Bonnie??" He looked here and there, as if trying to gather courage (while Bonnie looking at him intently) "I want to say everything. Everything that's in my heart, mind. Will you hear me??"

"Of course Dan. Is that even a question" said Bonnie her face lit up. Finally she could hear him, help him. She could feel his trust on herself.

"But...."
"But??" Asked Bonnie in return.

"You won't remember anything" said Dan nervously.

"Meaning??" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't want you to remember anything."

Bonnie felt several questions rising in her mind. Doesn't he trust her?  Does he think her foolish? Is it that he doesn't think her capable enough??

"Why so, may I ask??" Said Bonnie in a stern tone.

"Don't be angry Bonnie." He tried to assure her. He rubbed her arms lightly, "look. I need to let out myself. But I don't want to cause you any pain. Bonnie please." He pleaded and Bonnie feel herself melting, looking at his eyes. She knew he needed help.

Bonnie agreed after a while. Dan hugged her, "Thanks Dear.... thank you so much. " which Bonnie responded by hugging back.

"Let's call Rupert" exclaimed Dan, suddenly, as if someone has boosted up his energy. He actually felt light.
He gave a call to Rupert.

"Hey Rups" said Dan after Rupert picked up the call, "Busy eh??"

"Not really" said Rupert chuckling.

Dan put the call on speaker, nudging Bonnie to talk. Bonnie got out of a some sort of loop.

"Hi Rupert" said Bonnie in a low voice. Dan tensed up again (you alright??" Asked Rupert)  but then Bonnie lifted up her spirit looking at Dan's pale expression.

"Uh... Of course. I am an Aunt now. I mean second time. I am so happy Rups" exclaimed Bonnie.

"Second time??" Asked Daniel, "Rupert you are being father for second time??" Asked Dan mockingly.

"No fool" Bonnie hit his head lightly, "My own Brother, Lewis, has a kid"

"Oh yeah... sorry" Dan mocked again and Bonnie hit him.
"That was hard!" He said smile never leaving his face.
"I know" replied Bonnie flaunting and all three of them chuckled.

"Having a great time you guys" said Rupert.

"We are" both said in unison.

"By the way Rupert??" Asked Bonnie.
"Aren't you surprised, Dan's here"

"No we already had a talk" said Rupert and Dan nodded while smirking. It was his turn to flaunt now and Bonnie just rolled her eyes. It was the first time in days that they shared a genuine smile, had a genuine moment.

"How's Georgia??" Asked Dan

"She is fine"

"Hi Dan Bonnie" said Georgia from a distance from the other side of the phone.

"Congratulations Georgia" both said in unison.

"Thank you" Georgia replied.

"Okay Will talk to you later, bye" said Rupert.

"Yeah... you are busy" said Dan in a singing tone.

"Bye Rupert" said Bonnie and hit Dan.
"Ow!"

Rupert heard the little moment and smiled knowingly.

"Why did you hit me??" Asked Dan rubbing the place where he was hit.

"I didn't hit you so hard this time." Said Bonnie innocently. "And moreover, you'll know what it is to become a father, when you'll become a father".

"I know. I am a Godfather"

"There is a difference" said Bonnie.

"Well I did became the father of three children" said Dan pursing his lips.

Bonnie prevented herself from slipping out a smile, but her face did become red. "That was far back than our reality" she said sheepishly.

"So what?? We did play parents of three kids" said Dan reaching her side.

"We trialed with different kids, to see who were most compatible with us. Who perfectly fit as our kids" said Dan looking at her with his oceanic blue eyes.

"Our??" Bonnie looked at him and they stared at each other as if they were talking through eyes.

Just then the door bell rang. "Uh..." Bonnie moved her lips gesturing towards the door and hastily moved to open the door.

She got a package from the farmers containing flowers and some other products.

She smiled at the package.
"Aren't these flowers beautiful??"

"Just like you" Dan muttered under his breath.

"Huh??" Asked Bonnie

"What??"

"Did you say something??"

"I said yes they are" Dan replied pressing his lips in thin line.
Bonnie smiled at him and then went to put on the flowers in the vase.

So this is for this chapter. Hope you all like it.
And Happy Easter 🤗

Please do vote and follow for further notifications.

Until then...Bye

Thank you
......