Those Days of Ours

On one fine late evening, Erin was sitting on the couch, idly turning the pages of the book.

Dan came down from his room to see Erin lost somewhere.

"What are you thinking??" Asked Dan.
"Nothing" said Erin.

"Come on there is something" said Dan.

"It's been a month since we are together and not once you called me baby" said Erin.
"Days passed. We started living a normal life but still It's not as normal Dan." Said Erin sitting up, "I am not pushing you. I know even you went through a pain but at least try".

"What are you saying?? Just because I didn't call you baby that doesn't mean things are not normal. I am trying my best. I didn't mention Bonnie once, nor did I talk to her after the zoom call" said Dan in protest.

"Dan I didn't mean to hurt you" said Erin sighing.

Dan reached her cupped her face, looked into her eyes and said, "Trust me. I am trying. I am happy with you. Don't let the insecurity rule your mind".

Erin nodded her head smiling. She kissed him on his lips which Dan reciprocated and then hugged him.

"Let's watch a movie Dan" suggested Erin.

"Uh..You watch. I am very tired. I need to sleep" said Dan yawning.

"Mmmm..." Erin pursed her lips.

"I was here to call you, because I am going to bed" said Dan rubbing his eyes.

"Oh you really look tired" said Erin.

"No problem you watch a movie. I am going to bed." Said Dan shrugging.

"Okay. I'll watch one episode of Ubreakable Kimmy Schmidt and then I'll be up. I am not at all sleepy" said Erin pursing her lips.

"Okay.. I'll try to stay awake till you come" said Dan and he yawned again.

"No need to. You seem very tired" said Erin caressing him lightly.

"Good night. Baby" Dan managed to say after a pause.

"Uh.." Erin chuckled in happiness, "Good night" and she gave him a good night kiss.

Dan left up to his room. He layed on his bed, put on the earphones and started hearing the audiobook.

Erin after about an hour reached to their room. "Oh Gosh I am late" she whispered to herself.

"He slept" Erin sighed and took the empty space of the bed. She looked at him, "how peacefull he looks when he sleeps" said Erin to herself in awe.

She kissed his forehead and removed his earphones slowly.
"What is he listening to??" She asked herself in mind.

She then put one of the bulb of the earphone into her ear and her smile faded.

He was hearing the book "Tales of beedle and bard" by JK Rowling whose voice over was also given by Bonnie Wright.

She looked at him and his words ringed in her head. "Trust me. I am trying. I am trying".

"Yes he is trying. He is trying" said Erin's inner voice.

She removed his earphones and placed aside the device and layed beside him. Her eyes were stuck on him. The back of her mind still working, thus preventing the sleep to come.

Next morning, Dan got up to see Erin sleeping. He kissed her hair and then woke her up.

"I am going for cycling. Be up. It's already Morning" he said and left.