50. Stained

———————

———————

Sirens wail, echoing through the air, but we're already long gone. The sun is down and the streets are empty. Chen grips the steering wheel so tight, his knuckles are turning white, but he stays as calm as possible. Today escalated way too quickly. And deeply. I put the boxes in the back with the others because there could be some things Jimin could use for Baekhyun.

We don't have our walkies either, so we have no idea what's going on back there. Baekhyun could be dead for all we know. But neither of us will even touch that. We can't deal with the thought.

"How much further?" I ask, pressing a cotton pad on my eye. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, but the water on the pad feels good on the burn. Chen lets out a small sigh.

"We're already past the point."

"What? Why? I thought we were supposed to leave it back so we don't get traced by anybody," I turn to him.

"I'm just trying to get as close to the truck as I can. If Baekhyun is having trouble moving on his own, we can't stop as far as we usually do."

"How much further is that though?" I ask slowly.

"I don't know Y/N!" He snaps. "This shit has never happened before. Yes, something similar happened once and my friend came out of it dead! But we were taken my surprise. We were the ones getting slaughtered. I have no fucking idea how it feels to be on the other side for a drop. It was never supposed for go like that."

I chew my cheek and I nudge his arm. He's right. It's happened once. Then he came out of it with half of his body scorched. It could happen again and I think it scares him.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," I whisper. "Pull over in an alley after the next. We'll go on foot from there and collect ourselves once we're back to the truck okay?"

He lets out a shaky breath and nods. He's not crying, but the stress is getting to be too much for him. A lifts his chin up slightly, looking up for a place to go. He passes the next set of lights and clicks right toward the alley of what seems like a donut shop and an old strip club.

He drives through to the end and stops the truck. As he starts to open the door, I grab his arm. He looks at me and I give him a hard look.

"You're not touching the fucker in the back that shot Baekhyun. You're going to help bring him to the truck so we can figure out what the fuck is going on."

His lips press into a tight line and he looks away. I squeeze his arm and give him a stern look. "Fine," he growls. "Let's just go."

I release his arm and he's cursing me out under his breath while we both climb out. I just roll my eyes and meet him at the back of the truck. Chen grabs the latches and slides the door up to reveal the four boys. Jimin is sitting next to Baekhyun, holding a cloth against his skin, which has stopped bleeding. Although the amount of blood pooled on the floor underneath them is concerning. Both of their eyes were closed, but shot open when the door opened. Baekhyun turns his head slowly and swallows hard. He's definitely still pretty out of it.