11. Into the Woods

—————-

—————-

I don't sleep for the rest of the night. How could I? The nightmares left me, but the first time I feel a bit more relaxed, they start again. But this time it's not my parents. It's Seho.

Why can't it all just stop?

I sit on my bed for a few minutes after Namjoon leaves, but I can't stay still anymore. I quickly change my clothes and go down the dark, cold stairs. I feel my surrounding around in the dark until I find a door. The basement door.

I shut the door behind me and flick the light on. I squint in the sudden light, but I walk slowly down the stairs.

I stop in front of my cell door. It's empty. My chest tightens at the memories of being locked up in here, but I take a deep breath and push through it.

I slowly pry the metal door open and step inside. I look at the ground where I scratched a wing into the concrete. I bend down and slowly trace my hand over it.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

Standing back up, I leave the cold room and make my way back up the stairs. I don't wanna get caught lurking around down here again. At least not until I have a reason to be down here. I can come down here tonight so I don't sleep.

I switch the light off and make my way to the living room.

I check the time. Ten after five. Someone should be waking up by now for a job. I plop onto a stool and sigh, putting my head in my hands. Everything flashes through my head once again.

Seho on his knees. The blood. Hyun-shik. His smile was so real, so evil.

But the people in the forest.

Twelve.

"Twelve." I mumble under my breath. "Eight men. Two women. Two.. children."

I rub my temple with the heel of my hands.

They were the innocents. The ones that were killed in the crossfire between Hyunsoo and I. The blood is on my hands. Not just his.

"Y/n." A voice startles me and I jump, looking at the doorframe. "Why are you up so early?"

It's just Jin.

"Oh hi." I say quietly. "No reason, just had trouble sleeping."

"Oh alright." He says. "Anyway, you ready for today?" He smiles, grabbing something out of the fridge.

"Pumped." I say in a monotone voice.

"Hmph. You don't sound very pumped." He says, his lips pulling to one side.